Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-02-2018, 06:43 AM   #1
Pulpmeister
Wizard
Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Junior Woodchucks Guidebook

Those of us of a certain age will remember the Scrooge McDuck adventure comic books, where Uncle Scrooge, Donald, and the triplets Huey Dewey and Louie, set out adventuring together in search of, for example, square eggs (save a fortune on packaging...)

And whenever something crops up, Huey, Dewey or Louie would produce (where from???) the small book, "The Junior Woodchuck Guidebook". The youngsters were all junior Woodchucks, a Boy-Scout-like organisation.

This little book contained a veritable encyclopedia of all human knowledge. I have scoured the web for a digital edition, but there is no sign of one. Even the dark web knows it not.

Of course it is still available: but only to the Junior Woodchucks themselves, and these days, like "The Hitch-Hikers' Guide to the Galaxy," it is a digital service now.

There's nothing for it: If I want one, I'll have to join the Junior Woodchucks. Then I'll get the password so I can log into it on my smartphone...
Pulpmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 10:02 AM   #2
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulpmeister View Post
Those of us of a certain age will remember the Scrooge McDuck adventure comic books, where Uncle Scrooge, Donald, and the triplets Huey Dewey and Louie, set out adventuring together in search of, for example, square eggs (save a fortune on packaging...)

And whenever something crops up, Huey, Dewey or Louie would produce (where from???) the small book, "The Junior Woodchuck Guidebook". The youngsters were all junior Woodchucks, a Boy-Scout-like organisation.

This little book contained a veritable encyclopedia of all human knowledge. I have scoured the web for a digital edition, but there is no sign of one. Even the dark web knows it not.

Of course it is still available: but only to the Junior Woodchucks themselves, and these days, like "The Hitch-Hikers' Guide to the Galaxy," it is a digital service now.

There's nothing for it: If I want one, I'll have to join the Junior Woodchucks. Then I'll get the password so I can log into it on my smartphone...
It hasn't been rebranded as Wikipedia?
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2018, 06:13 PM   #3
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulpmeister View Post

Me too!!

Real Woodchuck material does what needs to be done.

I always liked the "language of a as yet undiscovered unknown tribe of people."
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote