Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-12-2016, 10:02 AM   #1
ladidaaa
ladidaaa began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
Linux command to read Temperature Sensor(s)

Hi,
I would like to turn a kobo touch into a weather station.
I would love to display the actual room temperature.

Is there a linux command to read the actual cpu or battery temperature of the kobo touch?
thanks a lot in advance!
ladidaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 06:04 PM   #2
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Not sure about the Kobo Touch.

The Kobo H2O has a MAX17135 sensor. Or at least, that's the only sensor driver enabled in the kernel.

Quote:
https://www.maximintegrated.com/en/p.../MAX17135.html
The IC includes a temperature sensor that provides the ability to read the internal IC temperature and an external panel temperature with the use of an external temperature-sensing diode. Temperature output data is supplied through I²C.
Sounds good, but I don't know if you can actually query a temperature using that.

There actually is a /sys/devices/platform/mxc_epdc_fb/graphics/fb0/temperature and it says 23 for me which happened to be the room temperature... but I just put it out in the cold and it still says 23 so... maybe something else after all.

lm-sensors doesn't find anything.

PS: it did go down to 22 while writing this post.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2016, 01:04 PM   #3
ladidaaa

Thank you for your reply!
is it possible to search for *temp* in /sys/devices ?
I hopefully get the kobo touch at the weekend, then I see for myself
Old 11-17-2016, 01:31 PM   #4
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
find /proc /sys -iname "*temp*" is what I did (same for therm) and that's what I found on the H2O...

As a weather station you have to get weather info from somewhere too, so maybe you could acquire temperature from one of your other devices this way too.

Good luck.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 12:48 AM   #5
ladidaaa

Hi,
thanks again for your input!

I rooted my kobo touch and with this command i can read the temperature sensor:
cat /sys/devices/platform/tps6518x_sensor.0/temp_input

This command gives me "21".
I assume this is the correct temperature reading.
Advert
Old 11-22-2016, 05:10 AM   #6
CatRovacer
CatRovacer began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, Touch, Aura HD
Scusami, but i found for Glo

This path only for Touch?
I looked Glo hardware, also used TPS65185.
But i not find like /sys/devices/platform/tps6518x in Glo.

I am looking for a way to read and write value VCOM.
Also for Touch
CatRovacer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo, python, root, telnet, weather