Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-11-2014, 07:08 PM   #16
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Version History cannot have that nasty "Requires Calibre 1.0.0 or later" in it, throws off the calibre plugin updater's Version History checker.

Put it in Special Notes or something.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 07:14 PM   #17
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@eschwartz: Huh? That has always been there and didn't seem to cause trouble... How would you check that it does?

EDIT: NVM, got it . Will fix, thanks .

EDIT^2: Ha! Victory! Was apparently trickier than that (there was another "version history" string in the post that was messing things up).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 08-11-2014 at 07:45 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2014, 10:34 AM   #18
Alissa1651
Enthusiast
Alissa1651 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle app for iOS
Will this ever be available for Kindle app users (for iOS)? It would be a bliss. Managing collections from the iPhone is frustrating, and from the iPad is barely acceptable. Also, the collections don't sync documents so one has to manually mirror the collections and arrange the books within.
Alissa1651 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 11:01 AM   #19
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alissa1651 View Post
Will this ever be available for Kindle app users (for iOS)? It would be a bliss. Managing collections from the iPhone is frustrating, and from the iPad is barely acceptable. Also, the collections don't sync documents so one has to manually mirror the collections and arrange the books within.
I doubt it, that would require figuring out how the app stores collections, and then editing the database that manages them. And I don't see how we could edit the appdata without support from within the app itself. Possibly this could be done for the Android app, though -- assuming someone put in the effort to figure out how, which is less than likely.

Marvin (iOS app) can already do that, and is pretty much the king of reading apps in iOS. (Hint, hint... )
It uses the [GUI Plugin] Marvin XD to achieve excellent integration with calibre.

You obviously won't be able to sync with Kindles, or download from the Kindle Store, though. And if any books are DRMed, you will need to deal with that too.
Old 08-26-2014, 11:10 AM   #20
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Marvin (iOS app) can already do that, and is pretty much the king of reading apps in iOS. (Hint, hint... )
It uses the [GUI Plugin] Marvin XD to achieve excellent integration with calibre.
But not with Calibre 2.0 for now. The Marvin plugin isn't Qt5-compliant yet (but it's being worked on).
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2014, 09:44 AM   #21
Alissa1651
Enthusiast

Quote:
I doubt it, that would require figuring out how the app stores collections, and then editing the database that manages them. And I don't see how we could edit the appdata without support from within the app itself. Possibly this could be done for the Android app, though -- assuming someone put in the effort to figure out how, which is less than likely.

You obviously won't be able to sync with Kindles, or download from the Kindle Store, though. And if any books are DRMed, you will need to deal with that too.
I see, thank you for your reply. I've been looking around for some time now, and apart from the info that Kindle collections works with tags, I haven't been able to gather much. I guess I'll wait for Amazon to integrate collections on their cloud reader as well, if it will let me manage documents as well as books, it should solve the problem. Sync for purchased books works after all, it's just for other mobi that I'm stuck with the manual procedure.
I'm still with Calibre 1.48 because of the Qt5 plugin compliance as mbovenka said, and at least I can use the iOS reader applications plugin. I'll give Marvin a try then, I mainly use my phone to read, if I can find something better than Kindle for my mobi books, and with Calibre integration, even better!
Old 08-27-2014, 08:49 PM   #22
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Marvin is an EPUB reader.

Fortunately, it isn't difficult to convert MOBI -> EPUB with calibre, and it will in fact be automatic if the device driver says your reading app/device doesn't support the formats you currently have.

But still, run the conversion overnight to save time -- when you want to put specific books on your device, you don't have to wait for them to convert.
Old 08-29-2014, 04:34 AM   #23
Alissa1651
Enthusiast

Quote:
Marvin is an EPUB reader.

Fortunately, it isn't difficult to convert MOBI -> EPUB with calibre, and it will in fact be automatic if the device driver says your reading app/device doesn't support the formats you currently have.

But still, run the conversion overnight to save time -- when you want to put specific books on your device, you don't have to wait for them to convert.
Well, I'm with mobi because I use the Kindle app, but I've most of my books in epub as well. I tried Marvin, the managing tools are fantastic, finally a way to mark books as "read" and "to-read" inside the reading app, and the powerful tag system, all features I love from Calibre and terribly lacking in Amazon's app. Unfortunately there's the huge downside, at least for me, of a weaker dictionary and highlighting system.
Old 09-06-2014, 12:34 AM   #24
Lurchgs
Lurchgs began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
whine

First, I'm always glad to see somebody pick up the ball and run with it.

Second (and here comes the whine) I've not taken a look at the code yet, but is it at ALL possible to get this working on the Kindle Fire (and later)? I've got nearly 5000 books on the darn thing, and looking for a specific book (or, sometimes author) can be a PITA, even with the search utility.

I'll go away now

Thanks for your time, consideration, and undying support of the hidden empire
Lurchgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 12:54 PM   #25
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Lurchgs: Probably not. The eInk frameworks are a completely different beast than the Android/Fire Kindle app... .

That said, I haven't ever laid eyes on Kindle for Android, so I'd be happy for someone to prove me wrong .
Old 09-09-2014, 10:48 AM   #26
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Released 1.7.15, and updated the doc to mention LibrarianSync, a fresh new tool that handles collections import/export on FW 5.x . This might be of interest to those of you running a FW version not supported by CM (or if you're just curious ).

If you only do basic import/export without manual fiddling, this will also probably be faster than CM.

(I'd wait for the next release (1.4) of LS though, there are some neat improvements in the pipes, check the GH repo).
Old 09-09-2014, 04:15 PM   #27
barsanuphe
Connoisseur
barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: PW2, Kobo H20, Kobo Aura One
The aforementioned 1.4 release of LibrarianSync is out!
barsanuphe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 04:26 PM   #28
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Yay .
Old 09-18-2014, 07:52 PM   #29
pdonovan
pdonovan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Just Love This (and had ta tell ya)

Okay, was moving some books to my Kindle with Calibre, and pulled it off too quick and deleted all the directories. (not the first time) But it was the first time I didn't spend days reorganizing my 2,000 books because your amazing plug-in restored them for me! God bless you! (if I wasn't disabled and broke, I'd send you money)(sorry)
pdonovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 01:19 PM   #30
iplers
Banned
iplers began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I have a Kindle, before the touch era. Although a few drones on this forum presented as I MUST connect, I see that your excellent plugin can do the job well without registering the device. It's a pitty that is not wrote down obvious enough.

I have created a new column in the database just for this purpose - of classification of books. The books were already on the device. I have created the collection based on that colum alone. Some tags are there, some are not. Is there a way I can force the update? I would like to avoid removing the books and reuploading.
iplers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collections plug-in, kindle