Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-26-2018, 08:14 PM   #1156
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgie W View Post
Hi, Couple of things. Firstly, thanks for the plug-in and the work you do on it - really appreciated. Recently, though, I think I'm coming across a bug when I add a book to GR from Calibre, and attempt to set the rating through the GR sync window. I used to be able to give it a star rating, but now I get an error message -
AttributeError "DoAddRemoveTableWidget" object has no attribure 'pin_view'.
CLicking OK to this brings up the rating box (though lined up under the "Status" column) and I'm able to complete the rating then. So it's not a major problem, but a minor bug.
This is a known problem. Go up two or three posts and download the beta.
Quote:
The other thing is that when I sync my reviews from GR (where I write them) to Calibre, only the first x lines are sync'd - the rest are cut off. Is there any way of over-riding the limitation?
From memory, it is only the first 300 characters that are synced. The reason is that the API used to fetch the reviews only includes the first 300 characters. Adding code to get the rest is more than I've been interested in doing as I don't use the reviews at all. If someone wants to do it, I'll add it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 05:28 PM   #1157
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
any chance whomever is maintaining this plugin can the "sync shelves" rules column in the overview on configuration? I see that the add shelves rules are easy to see when scrolling down the list of shelves, but if I want to see what the sync rules are, I have to actually click on the shelf and click on sync rules.

Makes it easier to see at a glance what the rules are in place for syncing. I hate it when I made a rookie mistake with the rules and end up ruining my library because I didn't catch it before syncing.

Thanks in advance if this can get changed
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2018, 11:06 PM   #1158
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellwood View Post
any chance whomever is maintaining this plugin can the "sync shelves" rules column in the overview on configuration? I see that the add shelves rules are easy to see when scrolling down the list of shelves, but if I want to see what the sync rules are, I have to actually click on the shelf and click on sync rules.

Makes it easier to see at a glance what the rules are in place for syncing. I hate it when I made a rookie mistake with the rules and end up ruining my library because I didn't catch it before syncing.
Do you mean the actions edited when you press the "Edit 'Sync' Actions" button? If so, I can see them in a column called "Sync Actions". It is the last column, so you might need to scroll sideways to see it.
Old 10-02-2018, 07:29 PM   #1159
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Sorry, I took so long getting back, you are right about the sync column showing, but it was so far over that I didn't see it. I just slid the column length over.

I do need to let you know that I think the Library Codes plugin interferes with being able to sync larger (than 100) shelves. Some time ago I noticed that I wasn't able to sync anymore, Long story short, I kept getting some kind of SSL timeout error. It never occurred to me that another plugin may have been the problem. Anyway I removed library codes today on two user accounts that stopped syncing and now they work. Not sure if this is something that needs to be addressed here or on their plugin, but its worth looking into.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 09:53 PM   #1160
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellwood View Post
Sorry, I took so long getting back, you are right about the sync column showing, but it was so far over that I didn't see it. I just slid the column length over.

I do need to let you know that I think the Library Codes plugin interferes with being able to sync larger (than 100) shelves. Some time ago I noticed that I wasn't able to sync anymore, Long story short, I kept getting some kind of SSL timeout error. It never occurred to me that another plugin may have been the problem. Anyway I removed library codes today on two user accounts that stopped syncing and now they work. Not sure if this is something that needs to be addressed here or on their plugin, but its worth looking into.
Sorry, I don't use the Library Codes plugin. This plugin doesn't call any other plugin (only the Reading List plugin is likely). If there is an error happening, then it is in something Library Codes is doing.
Advert
Old 10-30-2018, 03:52 AM   #1161
LoZioSpino
LoZioSpino began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hello, I noticed that I select several books at the same time and then I choose the option "Link to Goodreads" the following happens:

It makes me associate each book with the relevant Goodreads card and if one (or more than one) is not present on Goodreads (or can not find them) it gives me the choice "Skip".
And so everything is fine.

But if the book that can not connect is the last one the choice "Skip" does not appear and I have to choose "Ok". After that the plugin tells me that it failed to associate the book and the plugin closes the operation without linking all the previous books that were instead associable.
LoZioSpino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 07:08 AM   #1162
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoZioSpino View Post
Hello, I noticed that I select several books at the same time and then I choose the option "Link to Goodreads" the following happens:

It makes me associate each book with the relevant Goodreads card and if one (or more than one) is not present on Goodreads (or can not find them) it gives me the choice "Skip".
And so everything is fine.

But if the book that can not connect is the last one the choice "Skip" does not appear and I have to choose "Ok". After that the plugin tells me that it failed to associate the book and the plugin closes the operation without linking all the previous books that were instead associable.
OK. "Skip" should be on that last book. And the "Ok" button should be disabled for any book that doesn't have an available match. Or at least shouldn't throw an error like that. I'll fix it, but it will probably be the weekend.
Old 10-30-2018, 07:27 AM   #1163
LoZioSpino
LoZioSpino began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
OK. "Skip" should be on that last book. And the "Ok" button should be disabled for any book that doesn't have an available match. Or at least shouldn't throw an error like that. I'll fix it, but it will probably be the weekend.
Thank you!
LoZioSpino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 02:39 PM   #1164
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Share configurations

Someone could share their configuration and give an explanation of how they were putting it together.
I think it would be good to enrich ourselves and use this wonderful plugin more thoroughly.
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 04:38 AM   #1165
Torodoro
Torodoro began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
First of all I like to thank you about this nice plugin.

My book names are in Cyrillic, so when click on "Link to Goodreads..'' in calibre usually return no match. I'm force to find every book trough "search goodreads.com'' button. The problem for me it's searching for titlle and author in one line together. When remove author and leave only title, the book show up.

for example: this is how plugin search

and when remove author:

Is it posible to search only for title, but not both?
Torodoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 05:09 AM   #1166
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torodoro View Post
First of all I like to thank you about this nice plugin.

My book names are in Cyrillic, so when click on "Link to Goodreads..'' in calibre usually return no match. I'm force to find every book trough "search goodreads.com'' button. The problem for me it's searching for titlle and author in one line together. When remove author and leave only title, the book show up.

for example: this is how plugin search

and when remove author:

Is it posible to search only for title, but not both?
What happens if you use the metadata download for the book? Does the Goodreads metadata source plugin find the book? If so, I would recommend using that as will set the goodreads identifier and it gets more metadata.

I can check the search in this plugin, but I need some test data. I can see what happens in the screenshots, but, I can't reproduce them. I have no idea how to enter the you are searching for. If you could post some examples for me to test with, I can look at them. I need the name and author of the book you have in calibre, and the URL for the book on Goodreads and the URL the search gives, I can create a test case here.

Having said that, I won't be trying to make the search in this plugin perfect. There are several ways to get the Goodreads id for the book, so I don't think overloading the search to much is much advantage. For me, I never use it. I always use the metadata download, and on the occasions that that doesn't work, do it manually.
Old 11-25-2018, 09:53 AM   #1167
Torodoro
Torodoro began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thank you for the fast replay.

I though maybe there is some trick to use, but if not it's ok, I will continue to find books one by one.

if you want to try something...

This is what "search goodreads.com'' gives: щамът на отмъщението Клемънт Питър

click

This is when remove author: Щамът на отмъщението

click

This is actual page of the book

goodreads:35155876

Thank you in advance!
Torodoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 03:40 PM   #1168
takkun324
takkun324 began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 7 tablet (1st Gen)
Confused and Alone :(

Calibre: 3.21
Goodreads Sync: v1.12.1 installed through calibre's plugin browser.

I find this plugin confusing: There doesn't seem to be any official documentation as to how this is setup.

This is the only seemingly-complete setup doc that I have found (circa 2013): https://dearauthor.com/ebooks/goodre...alibre/process

So... All I want to do is sync books and columns (both directions) 1-to-1 between Calibre and Goodreads.

* I successfully uploaded my Calibre library to Goodreads with a CVS file.
* Goodreads Sync is linked to my Goodreads account.
* I have assigned Custom Columns to hold the Goodreads data.
* Because I already assigned custom columns, I don't think I would have a use for action rules. I realize they do allow conversion of data (if "xyz" then display "Y") but I don't care about that right now.

I select a book, select Goodreads > LinkedBook > DownloadTagsFromShelves but the status-bar says "No books required tags updating" however my custom columns remain blank.

I'm expecting my column "GR Shelf" to populate (or any column really) and say "read" (because when uploading that were it was auto-assigned to). This is a test to ensure I can change the "shelf" and sync it back to Goodreads.

Last edited by takkun324; 12-18-2018 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Spelling :P
takkun324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 03:46 PM   #1169
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by takkun324 View Post
I find this plugin confusing: There doesn't seem to be any official documentation as to how this is setup.
Moderator Notice
Read the first post in this thread Ψ³

And read the Guidelines (bottom of most MR pages) regarding max size of images in posts. If you post oversize images they may get deleted.

Upload images to MR using the paper clip icon in the Advanced mode toolbar, they will always appear as thumbnails.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 12-18-2018 at 03:54 PM.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 04:37 PM   #1170
takkun324
takkun324 began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 7 tablet (1st Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Read the first post in this thread Ψ³

And read the Guidelines (bottom of most MR pages) regarding max size of images in posts. If you post oversize images they may get deleted.

Upload images to MR using the paper clip icon in the Advanced mode toolbar, they will always appear as thumbnails.

BR
Am I posting large images?
I try to avoid long drawn out posts and avoid explaining why other peoples hard work sounds confusing.

Quote:
4. To sync from a shelf into Calibre, setup at least one action for the appropriate shelf from the configuration dialog.

5. To tag your books based on their Goodreads shelves, edit the mappings between shelf and tag names from the configuration dialog.

6. Refer to the Help file (available from plugin menu and configuration .dialog) for more information and known issues.
4. I assume I'm clicking Edit 'Shelf Add' actions? Doing so for my 'read' shelf, I then assume I want "Add value to column" Selecting the column this represents and tell it to add the word "Read" So I telling the plugin that if the book is in the Read shelf I should add a tag called "Read".

* Why did I assign columns in "Synchronisable Custom Columns"?
* What does "At least one action" mean? Might one need more actions?
* When would one need to setup a rule to "Remove value"?
* Does this need to be done with every single shelf?
* What about all other data? (dates, reviews, etc...)?

5. Ah, this isn't really a step of installation but explaining what step 4 does in different phrasing. Ok?

6. Yes the help file. It kinda helps me but then I run into phrases like this: "Only shelves that have some kind of sync action specified can be synchronised from" and I think, "what is a sync action again?" "Where do I find my shelves Sync Actions? The text assumes familiarity the the plugin and lingo used. Looking into new lingo causes me to forget why I found it in the first place.
takkun324 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, goodreads