Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 07-25-2017, 02:30 PM   #1
agentofhope
agentofhope began at the beginning.

Device: Sony dpt
Way to turn on Comfort light on koreader for ka1?

Is there a way to engage the comfort or natural light settings in koreader for ka1?
agentofhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 05:45 PM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
They are working on it at the project on Github. Otherwise you might have to set it in Nickel first.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-31-2017, 03:24 AM   #3
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
See https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ment-315522478 for specifics.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 07:55 AM   #4
Royalblue
Royalblue began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo blue
Since 2 days I am owner of an KA1 to. Also missing this function in koreader...
Sadly since 15 Jul no progress at github. If there would be a way to help... but without ability to code.... only advanced PC user...
Royalblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 12:25 PM   #5
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
As i mentioned in a different thread, you can have the comfort light on while using koreader. You just can't turn it on directly from there. You have to go into nickel first to turn it on and then go into koreader.

Quote:
It is possible to get the orange tinted light in koreader, albeit not directly. Start the nickel FW and turn on the light, then exit out of nickel and open up koreader. You should have the orange light.

However, if you power off your device or leave it in sleep mode for some time, it may revert back to the regular lighting in which case you just have to follow the initial steps of going into nickel and then switching to koreader. A bit of a nuisance, but it does seem to work.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...69#post3570069
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2017, 02:22 PM   #6
Royalblue

Ok my bad. I knew when I switched it on in Nickel it will stay on with Koreader and takes ages to go of going to standby... after waking its gone... thats totally impractical and wont do it for me... for the time beeing I stay away from it...

Also I am not sure the touch is registered always correctly... sometimes koreader reacts only if i double or tripple tap icons...

As USB-Mount Workaround syncthing is really good working...

And I got multiple times "Koreader exited unexpected..." (and I now the last few lines are offtopic, just didnt want to open a new thread)
Old 08-27-2017, 03:26 PM   #7
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalblue View Post
Ok my bad. I knew when I switched it on in Nickel it will stay on with Koreader and takes ages to go of going to standby... after waking its gone... thats totally impractical and wont do it for me... for the time beeing I stay away from it...
Really? Although not ideal, it doesn't seem terribly onerous to me. Indeed, just timed myself and it only took about 20 seconds.

While reading a book in koreader, I tapped the top of the page to bring up the menu box. Selected "Exit". That brought me to the KSM from which I selected "start nickel". As I always leave the comfort light on in nickel, I didn't need to do anything other than to exit out of it, go back to KSM and tap on "start koreader".

It's that simple and the comfort light will stay on in koreader until I switch off the device or put it to sleep.

If I've put the device to sleep, then my reading has already been interrupted, so I figure another 20 seconds won't make that much of a difference. Hence, it's a bit of a nuisance, but not overly so for me. However, we are all different and what doesn't irk me might well be a source of frustration for someone else.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 04:48 PM   #8
Royalblue

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
However, we are all different and what doesn't irk me might well be a source of frustration for someone else.
On that we can agree and you are also right with what you wrote before. For me the switching back and forth isnt worth the comfort light. If it was implented I would definetly use it.