Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Tolino

Notices

Old 05-11-2020, 01:23 PM   #1
torto
Enthusiast
torto began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW1, Kindle PW2 (RIP), Kindle 4, Tolino Vision 5
Question Reading landscape PDFs on a Tolino

I've been using KOreader on my Vision 5 and it does the job, but it is buggy (doesn't refresh properly sometimes etc.). It is a bit better after I configured it to fully refresh every time I move the page, but it is still buggy (menus do not show properly) and crashes from time to time.

Does anyone have another recommendation for sideloaded PDF readers?

Also: does anyone know of a practical way of cutting PDFs that were scanned as open page spreads to single pages?

Thanks a lot in advance!
torto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 02:08 PM   #2
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by torto View Post
I've been using KOreader on my Vision 5 and it does the job, but it is buggy (doesn't refresh properly sometimes etc.).
How did you get the free Android 4.4.2?
Did you set Refresh in the Tolino app?
The Tolino app can also handle pdf
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2020, 05:51 PM   #3
torto
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
How did you get the free Android 4.4.2?
Did you set Refresh in the Tolino app?
The Tolino app can also handle pdf
Hey! I followed one of allesebook articles, so no root, only sideloading, with home button savior and Simple Launcher.

I set up this refresh on KOReader itself. The page buttons in the Tolino app only move from page to page, so I cannot use them to scroll down to read the second half of a page when I am on landscape mode. And when I drag the page up for scrolling, sometimes it works but it crashes very often. As it is now, KOReader is more configurable and stabler, albeit slower.
Old 05-12-2020, 12:19 AM   #4
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Hey! I followed one of allesebook articles, so no root, only sideloading, with home button savior and Simple Launcher.
For working with the Tolino Android it is important to boot into the Tolino app so that it is regulated back, the refresh etc.
All other methods are just a bad substitute
Old 05-12-2020, 02:44 AM   #5
torto
Enthusiast

Thanks. Is there an easy way to try this? Does simply running the Tolino app before KOReader or setting it up as the launcher will let me try that without having to go through adb etc?
Advert
Old 05-12-2020, 02:59 AM   #6
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Thanks. Is there an easy way to try this? Does simply running the Tolino app before KOReader or setting it up as the launcher will let me try that without having to go through adb etc?
Read
You can find everything you need.
Important is OneToucher - the app change happens via him.
And how to setup you can also read there.
Whatfor ADB? Simple install Total Commander and you can install every apk that fits to this android version.

Last edited by ottischwenk; 05-12-2020 at 03:14 AM.
Old 05-12-2020, 04:31 AM   #7
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
I've been using KOreader on my Vision 5 and it does the job, but it is buggy (doesn't refresh properly sometimes etc.). It is a bit better after I configured it to fully refresh every time I move the page, but it is still buggy (menus do not show properly) and crashes from time to time.
That issue, which happens only in landscape, sounds familiar. See https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/5544

It was fixed, based on user reports, but maybe the fix does not cover some cases. I dunno, I don't have the device.

Anyways, feel free to report that, or any other issue, on the github bug tracker
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 05:47 AM   #8
torto
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
Read
You can find everything you need.
Important is OneToucher - the app change happens via him.
And how to setup you can also read there.
Whatfor ADB? Simple install Total Commander and you can install every apk that fits to this android version.
I was not able to install apps through Total Commander, for some reason it says the device is full even though there are lots of space. I'll try to fix this and I'll try it.
Old 05-13-2020, 05:56 AM   #9
torto
Enthusiast

Updated KOReader fixed it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pazos View Post
That issue, which happens only in landscape, sounds familiar. See https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/5544

It was fixed, based on user reports, but maybe the fix does not cover some cases. I dunno, I don't have the device.

Anyways, feel free to report that, or any other issue, on the github bug tracker
Hey cocinero Pazos, MUCHAS GRACIAS! That's exactly how my problem looked like!

I managed to install the most recent version (it seems the data of the old KOReader was the culprit in not letting me install apps anymore, after I cleared the data I was able to install apps again), and now the refresh works perfectly. I also switched from continuous view mode to page, and now it works perfectly too (1x pg button for next page, 1x page button and it scrolls to the bottom of the page) and is much faster (because it is rendering only one PDF page, I suppose).

Now I'm happy with my Tolino!
Old 05-13-2020, 06:13 AM   #10
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
I was not able to install apps through Total Commander, for some reason it says the device is full even though there are lots of space. I'll try to fix this and I'll try it.
In this case, you have too much installed.
The partition size is only 504 MB.

Tags
pdf, tolino