Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-27-2019, 04:09 AM   #136
skymix
skymix began at the beginning.

Device: kobo H2O Edition 2 Version 2
I have make a simple script based on kfmon to make nightmode enabled or disabled based on the FeatureSettings on the Config file.

There is my Github url:

https://github.com/skymix/koboh20_nightmode

It was working on H20 Edition 2 Version 22 Mark7 and FW 4.14

Some adds could be make but this works for me now like a charm!!

Thanks a lot to NiLuJe for this great job!!
skymix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 04:10 AM   #137
skymix

How could i disable the KFMon Log?

It could affect to the life of the SDCard with the reads / writes to the main SDCard?

Thanks
Old 05-27-2019, 12:35 PM   #138
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
It's unlikely to be of any significance in the grand scheme of things, but you can defer the logging to the syslog, which is kept in a ring buffer.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 03:30 PM   #139
skymix

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
It's unlikely to be of any significance in the grand scheme of things, but you can defer the logging to the syslog, which is kept in a ring buffer.
THanks a lot! Good Job
Old 06-06-2019, 11:33 AM   #140
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Released 1.3.0!

Some major QoL changes this time around: KFMon will now pickup updates to watch configs right after an USBMS session, you no longer need to restart the device . This works for updates to existing watches, additions of new watches, and removals of existing watches (basically, everything ;p).

For people who maintain custom KFMon settings (nowadays, that'd mainly be to switch to syslog logging), you can copy your kfmon.ini to kfmon.user.ini, it'll be parsed after the default config, and will persist across KFMon updates .

In case you ever need to temporarily prevent KFMon from spawning *anything*, you can now do so by simply dropping a blank BLOCK file in the config folder.

In a watch config, the action & filename fields are now put through a more obvious validation process, which will put relevant info in the log in case of failures.

Speaking of failures, a broken watch config will no longer cause KFMon to abort, that watch will now simply be ignored.

Also includes the usual boring FBInk, SQLite & inih updates, as well as some slightly more significant than usual tweaks & cleanups to the code & buildsystem .

On the "fun experiment" side of things, you can now optionally replace the boot progress bar with a custom, faster alternative. This is not being done by default because it's both visually intrusive (since it looks different), and because it *may* be problematic with some specific custom setups (mainly, older FW versions, or people who don't boot straight into Nickel). You can try it out by dropping a blank BAR file in the config folder, but do see the final FAQ entry on GitHub for more details first.
On my devices, it does shave a nice ~10% off Nickel's boot times, which is always appreciated .

This started as a random experiment, which I put more thought into when I realized that it could work, and that Kobo's default progress bar was chewing through 50% of CPU time to essentially draw 5 squares in the middle of the screen, which seemed fairly ridiculous, and meant than replacing that could net me some actual tangible gains in terms of boot times.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 06-06-2019 at 11:38 AM.
Old 07-30-2019, 12:28 PM   #141
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Released 1.3.1!

Boring maintenance release (updated FBInk & SQLite, tweaked SQLite build/usage to slightly reduce binary size) .
Old 09-30-2019, 12:54 PM   #142
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Released v1.3.2!

Mostly boring maintenance release, just to have something up-to-date to deal with the latest shenanigans on FW 4.17+, and to mark the Libra release .
Old 01-14-2020, 10:40 PM   #143
Bolognie1
Bolognie1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Just doesn't work anymore (kobo libra H20 2)

Idk why, but after a while of no use (not pluging it in nor connecting it to the internet either), it just stopped working. I click koreader.png and it just opens the image.

I then installed the latest KFmon package (extracting it to E:/ (the kobo device) with no subdirectory) and the latest koreader (same but to the .adds) and yet it doesn't work. Tried again just doing one at a time, still no good.

I now have two koreader png files strangely, one 50KB the old one being 142 and neither work. Same issue with plato as well.

I am not in the right mood to be able to figure out wtf is going on so I was hoping someone could help me out? This should be an issue with KFmon though, right, as the notify execute function thingo is run by that?

Cheers, I've probably just done something real dumb, but am completely stumped as to what it is... I understand the installation python/ sh file thing is run when the kobo is ejected? Should I copy the thing over again and this time run the powershell commands via windows to ensure no nickel indexing or whatever?
Bolognie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 11:10 PM   #144
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Bolognie1: Did the device reboot at any point in time during all this kerfuffle?

Because if it didn't then, yeah, you're doing something wrong somewhere.

In which case, stop running around like a headless chicken, take a deep breath, read the OCP install script post, and use that.
Old 01-21-2020, 10:29 PM   #145
Bolognie1
Bolognie1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@Bolognie1: Did the device reboot at any point in time during all this kerfuffle?

Because if it didn't then, yeah, you're doing something wrong somewhere.

In which case, stop running around like a headless chicken, take a deep breath, read the OCP install script post, and use that.
Yeah it rebooted in the sense it imported the new library or whatever and processed the files/ installed it. You have any idea what might be going wrong? It's the Libra H2O v2 if I didn't say before, and it was working previously so am kinda confuzed what went wrong.
Bolognie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 09:49 AM   #146
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Bolognie1: Nope, I did mean an *actual* reboot, not the "Importing content" process (which, granted should also happen, but only on a clean, first install).

Which tells me you're unpacking the wrong files in the wrong place.

TL;DR: use the script, it'll get it right.
Old 01-24-2020, 02:00 PM   #147
i_suggest_this
i_suggest_this began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Is it possible to autolaunch koreader on start? I see you can do that with KSM, but I guess it is a different thing from KFMon, right?
i_suggest_this is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 03:37 PM   #148
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Yeah, that'd pretty much be an anti-feature here .

----

If you want to auto-launch KOReader, you're better off writing your own rcS.

Not for the faint of heart, and I heartily don't recommend it, especially on recent devices, because you'd be skipping whatever fancy hardware tweaks Nickel *might* be doing on startup, specific to your device.
Old 01-25-2020, 01:44 PM   #149
i_suggest_this
i_suggest_this began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Thanks, for some reason I thought KSM was essentially the same thing as KFM, but they apparently can coexist.
i_suggest_this is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 05:04 PM   #150
NiLuJe
BLAM!

No, they can't. KSM will take over .

Tags
fmon, kfmon, kobo, launcher