Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-05-2017, 01:56 PM   #1366
glasnost
Connoisseur
glasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: PW3, Kobo Aura H2O
Of course I didn't save the error for posterity. But, I can recreate it at a later date (am going to be super busy for the next few days.)

I suspect that it is a true edge case: I think it'll only happen if all devices are deleted out of the config file, and config is set to configure each device independently.

Thanks for your thoughts re: goodreads as well, I'll noodle around about it next week!
glasnost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 09:01 AM   #1367
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Update to version 2.6.0

I have just released version 2.6.0 of the plugin. This has the changes I released in a beta a month ago plus one fix. The changes are:
  • New: Add setting sync date from calibre added or modified dates, or published date.
  • New: Add French translation of help. Thanks to Frenchdummy.
  • Fix: Error opening configuration if no devices and backup is set to individual configuration.

The option for setting the "Date Added" on the device will affect the "Recent" and "Date Added" sorts. If you add books to the device as you add them to calibre, these sorts will reflect the order the books were put on the device. But, if reload the device after a factory reset or signing out of an account, or buying a new device, these sorts will basically show the books in title order. The "Date Added" option allows you to set the date for the books on the device from calibre. The choices at the moment are; "Date" (usually the date the book was added to the library), "Modified Date" (when the metadata was last changed in the library) and "Published Date".

The option for setting the "Reading Direction" is to set the page turning direction. When new books are processed by the device, it will get the reading direction from the book if possible. This works for sideloaded kepubs, but not other formats. With this option, you can set the reading direction to "RTL" (right-to-left) for CBR and CBZ formats and this will be respected. For other formats, it sets a default. I haven't really done enough experimenting to be sure how well this works for them. For kepubs, they can contain reading direction for each internal file. I think this overrides the default from the database or OPF, but if the file sets a direction, that will be used. The choices for this option are "Default", "RTL" and "LTR". I expect that using "RTL" will be the most common, but use "Default" if you need to undo the change.

The French translation of the help was done by Frenchdummy earlier in the year. My thanks for that and my apologies for not adding it a lot sooner.

As usual, calibre will announce the update in the next hour or so. And if anyone has any problems or suggestions, please report them here.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 10:35 AM   #1368
Blas
Ulica Guy
Blas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: Kobo H2O and Motorola XOOM 2(for comics)
hey guys I'm with my kobo touch connected and the status from the plugin doesn't show the green arrow when it is connected. But it is still backing up. I just wanted to know if is normal.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	572
Size:	8.4 KB
ID:	158882  
Blas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 04:30 PM   #1369
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I have just released version 2.6.0 of the plugin. This has the changes I released in a beta a month ago plus one fix. The changes are:
  • New: Add setting sync date from calibre added or modified dates, or published date.
  • New: Add French translation of help. Thanks to Frenchdummy.
  • Fix: Error opening configuration if no devices and backup is set to individual configuration.

The option for setting the "Date Added" on the device will affect the "Recent" and "Date Added" sorts. If you add books to the device as you add them to calibre, these sorts will reflect the order the books were put on the device. But, if reload the device after a factory reset or signing out of an account, or buying a new device, these sorts will basically show the books in title order. The "Date Added" option allows you to set the date for the books on the device from calibre. The choices at the moment are; "Date" (usually the date the book was added to the library), "Modified Date" (when the metadata was last changed in the library) and "Published Date".
Thank you, I purchased a new device and this was driving me nuts a bit, the option works like a charm
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 09:13 PM   #1370
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blas View Post
hey guys I'm with my kobo touch connected and the status from the plugin doesn't show the green arrow when it is connected. But it is still backing up. I just wanted to know if is normal.
No, it's not normal. I'm hoping I didn't break this with the fix I put into last nights release.

There does seem to be an icon in the last column, but not the expected one. And none of the buttons below the list are enabled. Can you try clicking somewhere else in the list and then back on the device and seeing if any of the buttons become enabled?

As to the backup still being run, do you have the backup configuration to be for individual devices? If you don't, then the backup is run whenever any Kobo device is plugged in. The device not being in the list is OK for that configuration.
Old 09-06-2017, 09:53 PM   #1371
Blas
Ulica Guy
Blas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and grace

Quote:
No, it's not normal. I'm hoping I didn't break this with the fix I put into last nights release.

There does seem to be an icon in the last column, but not the expected one. And none of the buttons below the list are enabled. Can you try clicking somewhere else in the list and then back on the device and seeing if any of the buttons become enabled?

As to the backup still being run, do you have the backup configuration to be for individual devices? If you don't, then the backup is run whenever any Kobo device is plugged in. The device not being in the list is OK for that configuration.

The only button that works is the one to rename the device. Even if you click in other parts of the window or uncheck the device it won't enable the other buttons. My configuration is for each device(but I just have one haha)but like I said the backing up is working fine.
Old 09-06-2017, 09:57 PM   #1372
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
The only button that works is the one to rename the device. Even if you click in other parts of the window or uncheck the device it won't enable the other buttons. My configuration is for each device(but I just have one haha)but like I said the backing up is working fine.
OK. I was fixing a problem with no devices in the list. It did seem to be working when I have all my devices defined, so I might have broken when there was only one. I'll have a look at it tonightl.
Old 09-06-2017, 10:04 PM   #1373
Blas
Ulica Guy

Quote:
OK. I was fixing a problem with no devices in the list. It did seem to be working when I have all my devices defined, so I might have broken when there was only one. I'll have a look at it tonightl.
Like you said it must only be the icon image. But to be honest I noticed this thing before you update your plugin.

Btw I have a question I was looking for it on the forum and couldn't find help. There are some books that if add in my sdcard in the kepub format, if I start to read them and then turn the kobo off and on it won't show in the reading status anymore. But if I send it to the main memory it will show but it won't have those kepub's statistics.

So I'd like to know if I can fix it. I already tried to use your other plugin to covert it to kepub and then send it but the same thing happen. Do you have any idea to help?

Thx a lot
Old 09-06-2017, 10:20 PM   #1374
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Btw I have a question I was looking for it on the forum and couldn't find help. There are some books that if add in my sdcard in the kepub format, if I start to read them and then turn the kobo off and on it won't show in the reading status anymore. But if I send it to the main memory it will show but it won't have those kepub's statistics.

So I'd like to know if I can fix it. I already tried to use your other plugin to covert it to kepub and then send it but the same thing happen. Do you have any idea to help?
That's a known bug in the 4.5.x firmware and has been discussed in the Kobo forum here. Kepubs sideloaded to the SD card are reprocessed as new books whenever books are processed (eject from PC, reinsert the card). Kobo know about it. It might get fixed in the next update, but, I wouldn't bet on it. The only solution at the moment is to downgrade the firmware. Or don't send kepubs to the SD card.
Old 09-06-2017, 10:24 PM   #1375
Blas
Ulica Guy

Quote:
That's a known bug in the 4.5.x firmware and has been discussed in the Kobo forum here. Kepubs sideloaded to the SD card are reprocessed as new books whenever books are processed (eject from PC, reinsert the card). Kobo know about it. It might get fixed in the next update, but, I wouldn't bet on it. The only solution at the moment is to downgrade the firmware. Or don't send kepubs to the SD card.
I got it now, I just thought that was a bit weird cuz I do have some kepubs there that works well. But thx for the help mate.

Old 09-07-2017, 03:46 AM   #1376
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
Quote:
  • New: Add setting sync date from calibre added or modified dates, or published date..

This new option is just what I want after buying a new device, but I can't find how to implement it. My choice would be "Date".

Thank you for your plugin, which makes a big difference.
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 07:06 AM   #1377
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by anacreon View Post
This new option is just what I want after buying a new device, but I can't find how to implement it. My choice would be "Date".
It is part of the "Update metadata in Device Library" function. Select the books you want to updated, and select the option. About the middle of the dialog on the right is "Date Added". Select that, and then choose the date to be used from the drop-down to the right. Adjust the other options as needed and press the OK button.

Or were you meaning something else?
Old 09-07-2017, 08:22 AM   #1378
Douggie
Douggie began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
I'm having this problem with Calibre:
calibre, version 3.7.0
ERROR: Errors while adding: Failed to add any books, click "Show details" for more information

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Failed to add the book: xxxx
/Users/Desktop/Ebooks 4.1.15/xxxx.epub
With error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/add.py", line 399, in add_book
File "site-packages/calibre/db/legacy.py", line 224, in create_book_entry
File "site-packages/calibre/db/cache.py", line 62, in call_func_with_lock
File "site-packages/calibre/db/cache.py", line 1562, in create_book_entry
File "site-packages/calibre/db/cache.py", line 1355, in set_metadata
File "site-packages/calibre/db/cache.py", line 243, in reload_from_db
File "site-packages/calibre/db/backend.py", line 834, in conn
File "site-packages/calibre/db/backend.py", line 269, in __init__
File "site-packages/calibre/db/backend.py", line 313, in execute
File "src/cursor.c", line 1019, in APSWCursor_execute.sqlite3_prepare
File "src/statementcache.c", line 386, in sqlite3_prepare
CantOpenError: CantOpenError: unable to open database file

Is this a problem with Calibre or the epub file? I reloaded calibre but it made no difference, and also used the well-formed epub check on Sigil on the epub to check if the epub file was OK, no problem there.
Douggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 08:57 AM   #1379
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douggie View Post
I'm having this problem with Calibre:
calibre, version 3.7.0
ERROR: Errors while adding: Failed to add any books, click "Show details" for more information

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Failed to add the book: xxxx
/Users/Desktop/Ebooks 4.1.15/xxxx.epub
With error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/add.py", line 399, in add_book
File "site-packages/calibre/db/legacy.py", line 224, in create_book_entry
File "site-packages/calibre/db/cache.py", line 62, in call_func_with_lock
File "site-packages/calibre/db/cache.py", line 1562, in create_book_entry
File "site-packages/calibre/db/cache.py", line 1355, in set_metadata
File "site-packages/calibre/db/cache.py", line 243, in reload_from_db
File "site-packages/calibre/db/backend.py", line 834, in conn
File "site-packages/calibre/db/backend.py", line 269, in __init__
File "site-packages/calibre/db/backend.py", line 313, in execute
File "src/cursor.c", line 1019, in APSWCursor_execute.sqlite3_prepare
File "src/statementcache.c", line 386, in sqlite3_prepare
CantOpenError: CantOpenError: unable to open database file

Is this a problem with Calibre or the epub file? I reloaded calibre but it made no difference, and also used the well-formed epub check on Sigil on the epub to check if the epub file was OK, no problem there.
That's a problem with calibre. Sorry, I don't know what. It's in an area that I haven't looked at and doesn't have anything to do with this plugin.
Old 09-07-2017, 09:13 AM   #1380
Nicolas F
Groupie
Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:

Actually it is normal for the icons. Blas seems to be using my Highlights icon them in calibre, so every icon is different not only this one.
And it the icons changed the moment the theme was applied, it has nothing to do with the plugin update.

If the icon is not explicit enough I will change it next time I update the icon theme.
Nicolas F is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo, kobo utilities