Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 02-27-2011, 01:00 AM   #1
FatDog
Witless protection Agent
FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Is there a barcode wish-list app for Android phones?

I have recently upgraded to an Android phone. I was in B&N and found several titles I wanted to remember or perhaps put on my GoodReads "ToRead" shelf.

For grins - I pulled out my phone and fired up the BarCode scanner app. I took a picture of the barcode on the back of a title - and the phone took me to Amazon page for the book. Kind of cool, but not what I wanted.

I kind of wanted the phone to act like those scanners they give brides when registering for gifts - scan the code and the item goes on a list.

I wound up opening an email program and typing the the titles & authors.

I hit Android Marketplace and there are some "Collection" apps that let you scan your books or DVD collection and it enters things into a little database. (Does anybody use one of these they would recommend?) These were a bit ... involved for what I wanted, but they do have all the lookup routines I would want.

Anybody know of an app that simply looks up barcodes from Amazon/other book site and makes a simple list?
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 12:02 PM   #2
BoiseShan
Connoisseur
BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.

Device: Kindle
MyBookDroid allows you to enter a book to your TBR list via the scanner. I just checked--the GoodReads app does, too.
BoiseShan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2011, 01:42 PM   #3
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Google Goggles can keep a history of your scans. I haven't worked with it extensively, but it might work for you.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 10:48 AM   #4
miki2
Connoisseur
miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7", Nexus 7 (2013),
Quote:
- [Spammer now banned- MODERATOR]
Actually, it's very easy if you use Goodreads or Book Catalogue; instal the Goodreads or Book Catalogue app to your android phone. Follow instructions for registering to Goodreads and then go to initial menu, which shows, My Books, Add Book, Admin and Preferences etc on Book Catalogue.
Click Add Book, and then choose option Scan Barcode/ISBN, the in-app bar code scanner will open and you just scan the book barcode. The app will then search Goodreads and include the book. Voila, easy.
Good luck !
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oodreads&hl=en
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...atalogue&hl=en

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 04-24-2014 at 10:04 AM.
miki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 05:21 PM   #5
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
I use Bookshelf for somethings...and it could work for what you want as well.
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert