Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-20-2019, 08:29 AM   #16
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebl View Post
Thanks all, so I guess storing full names should be the way to go.
I vote for that
I have run into Author pairs that also have done solo work. Using separate full names allows those works to be found along with the combined ones.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 01:16 PM   #17
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I vote for that
I have run into Author pairs that also have done solo work. Using separate full names allows those works to be found along with the combined ones.
I agree. I carry it even further when an author pair uses a pen name.

I list 3 names on some books. As an example, if I had a copy of Gunner Cade, I would list it by the joint pen name "Cyril Judd" ("Cyril" for Kornbluth's real first name and "Judd" derived from Merril's pen name) and the names of the two co-authors, Judith Merril (actually a pen name itself) and C. M. Kornbluth. That way I find it searching for any of the three.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 06:23 AM   #18
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
AFAIK : The ability to override author_sort in Manage Authors is provided for the express purpose of dealing with corner cases such as yours, un-hyphenated double barrelled surnames, East Asian names etc etc.

BR
That's how I do it as well and very handy for company names too.
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 03:38 AM   #19
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpynose View Post
a coworker whose last name was Blank, named his son Drew Arthur (Drew A. Blank).
Ooh, that's bordering on child abuse
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 04:41 PM   #20
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pilot M105
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka View Post
Ooh, that's bordering on child abuse
Remember or ever hear of Frank Zappa? He named his daughter Moon Unit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon_Zappa
lumpynose is offline   Reply With Quote