Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 06-13-2019, 06:26 AM   #1
Binx77
Binx77 began at the beginning.

Device: Asus Transformer 7007T
Can Android Open PDF's Stored on a NAS?

Hi,

I am using an old Asus Transformer (from 2012) strictly as a PDF reader these days.

I was wondering if there was an Android app that enabled you to open PDF's stored on a NAS drive without downloading the file onto my local device?

Cheers
Binx77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 07:05 AM   #2
franzli
Addict
franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Onyx Boox T68 Plus
You might try TotalCommander (possibly with one of the addons, depending on how you access your NAS). I guess the file will be downloaded temporarily in any case, but I assume your question means you don't want the extra step of explicitly downloading the file to a local folder (I guess it's just loaded to cache otherwise). I believe this should be possible with TC.
franzli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 05:12 AM   #3
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kingrow K1 (former N96 ML/i86ML Plus/M92)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binx77 View Post
Hi,

I am using an old Asus Transformer (from 2012) strictly as a PDF reader these days.

I was wondering if there was an Android app that enabled you to open PDF's stored on a NAS drive without downloading the file onto my local device?

Cheers
Though being an app mainly designed for cbr/cbz comics,
i use perfect viewer with the pdf/djvu plugin also for reading some pdf magazines.
It can read nas samba share quite fine.
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, android 6, nas, nas drive, pdf