Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 07-22-2021, 05:08 AM   #1
cicabum
Groupie
cicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud of

Device: Onyx Note, Hisense A5, Hisense Q5
New models?

Hi. Do you know if for fall or winter Onyx will release new models? Thank you
cicabum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 07:01 AM   #2
Renate
Addict
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, Kobo Aura2, Poke3
Mmm, I tend to think that they're ok with the current product line for a while.
They seem to have standardized on octo core, Android 10, USB 3.1 Type C with (added) analog audio.
Possibly some new color models?
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 01:05 PM   #3
dkccerbero
Connoisseur
dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Note2
There are two displays, a 13.3 (Mira) and 25 (Mira Pro). I dont know about readers... I wish they release a Lumi color (the ill think to change my Note2)
dkccerbero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 05:46 PM   #4
Renate
Addict
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmm, I see write-ups on those two Mira [Pro] displays.

The 13.3" Mira is 2200 x 1650 = ~207 DPI
The 25" Mira Pro is 3200 x 1800 = ~147 DPI, ~$1500

I noticed that the Poke 2 seems to be retired from https://shop.boox.com/collections/all
Old 07-26-2021, 08:49 PM   #5
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
I'm really really tempted by the Nova3 right now but I'm trying to wait and see how the new E-Ink on-cell screens rollout. The new screens were announced in late May so I don't know how long it will take to get devices to market using the new tech.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 09:19 PM   #6
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
I'm hoping that they are working on a 10.3" colour device. Am loving my Nova 3 Color, but would like a 10.3" colour device with an improved screen.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 06:35 AM   #7
Renate
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
I'm trying to wait and see how the new E-Ink on-cell screens rollout.
I'm definitely interested in this On-Cell.
I always noticed how the IR touch screens looked better than the capacitive ones.
But the non-flush bezel on the IR screens is a cruft magnet and when you clean that cruft gets pushed into the bezel.

But my Poke3 is only a few months old!
Old 07-28-2021, 12:59 PM   #8
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 1,2,3, Kindle DX, Onyx M96, Onyx i86 Plus, Onyx Boox Max
I am interested in an Onyx Boox Max Color. :-)
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 03:58 PM   #9
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos plays well with othersyokos plays well with othersyokos plays well with othersyokos plays well with othersyokos plays well with othersyokos plays well with othersyokos plays well with othersyokos plays well with othersyokos plays well with othersyokos plays well with othersyokos plays well with others

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
I am interested in an Onyx Boox Max Color. :-)
Yes, this would be cool. But I wouldn't buy a Max Lumi Color with Kaleido Plus layers. Imho Kaleido Plus has got more disadvantages than advantages, it is just a bridging technology for me.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 04:55 AM   #10
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kingrow K1 (former N96 ML/i86ML Plus/M92)
Can i have a 5 inches kaleido smartphone? :-)
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 09:17 AM   #11
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 1,2,3, Kindle DX, Onyx M96, Onyx i86 Plus, Onyx Boox Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
I'm hoping that they are working on a 10.3" colour device. Am loving my Nova 3 Color, but would like a 10.3" colour device with an improved screen.

In my opinion they will release readers with the newer color e-ink technology soon. So we can just wait for it. And I want a 13,3" onyx for that.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 03:04 AM   #12
Hrafn
Fanatic
Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Poke 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
I'm definitely interested in this On-Cell.
I always noticed how the IR touch screens looked better than the capacitive ones.
But the non-flush bezel on the IR screens is a cruft magnet and when you clean that cruft gets pushed into the bezel.
How certain is it that the On-Cell technology will require non-flush bezels?
Hrafn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 07:16 AM   #13
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 7, Likebook 7, Tolino 7, Kobo 5, Kindle 3,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrafn View Post
The IR rays have to come out somewhere - above the screen surface, otherwise they cannot do anything.
And that is not possible without a bezel.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 07:37 AM   #14
Renate
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrafn View Post
On-Cell is an integrated technology, does not use IR and will not require a non-flush bezel.
So they will be putting that into flush front devices.
It's basically capacitive but without a separate capacitive layer.
Old 08-19-2021, 07:56 AM   #15
eng10110
eng10110 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Max Lumi
+1 for a Lumi color!
eng10110 is offline   Reply With Quote