Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 07-29-2021, 10:19 AM   #1
Platypux
Platypux began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs-600
Where are the collections stored?

Hi, the last Pocketbook Cloud update is stuck and I've had to terminate it after one hour or so by turning off the WiFi and restarting my Touch HD3.
But I've lost my collections and bookmarks that are still available on another PB ereader. I've logged off PB Cloud and I'd like to manually copy my saved collections back to my HD3.
Any clue? TIA.
Platypux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 07:14 AM   #2
wold
Enthusiast
wold with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitwold with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitwold with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitwold with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitwold with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitwold with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitwold with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitwold with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitwold with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitwold with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitwold with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: PB Lux 5
Collections and read status are stored in explorer-3.db (table Shelves)
Bookmarks in books.db. Both are SQLite3 files.

No idea if pocketbook cloud changes any of that, but for now assume it only syncs rows between these file.
BTW, with some luck, a backup might exist.

For bookmarks, my (untested) assumptions is books.db can be transferred entirely - it keeps it's own ids for books.
Afterwards you might need to fix or 'pull-up' the bookmark ids, which can be done using Calibre's pocketbook tools plugin (standalone is in the works)... though it's not been tested for this scenario And might not work

Collections are perhaps better recreated using the reader, or the app from the other thread.
wold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 06:57 AM   #3
Platypux
Platypux began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs-600
OK, I did that and it killed my favourites. BTW is there a way to export the favourites list like with the notes? I'm not even asking about the collections (although it would be great).
Platypux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 02:15 AM   #4
wold
Enthusiast
wold with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitwold with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitwold with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitwold with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitwold with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitwold with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitwold with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitwold with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitwold with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitwold with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitwold with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platypux View Post
OK, I did that and it killed my favourites. BTW is there a way to export the favourites list like with the notes? I'm not even asking about the collections (although it would be great).
The collection manager app shows 'favorite' titles (heart icon), and allows setting that label.
It may(?) also be able to display only favorites.
Old 08-07-2021, 06:15 AM   #5
wold
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platypux View Post
Correction on previous, favourites are stored in explorerdb, not books.db. They'll have been clobbered by the reset.

Does it involve many titles?

BTW, is it possible to connect temporarily to cloud, sync, and disable it afterwards?