Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-12-2020, 09:11 PM   #1
kpoviv
kpoviv began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Can fonts be replaced on my kindle? Paperwhite 7th

Usually reads books in .MOBI format
I already know that I can read them in .Azw3 format and I can modify and install fonts to my liking. But what I want to do is different.
Is there a way to modify the default Kindle fonts? That is, replace the "Open Dislexy" font with some other font or even edit it?
I DO NOT WANT TO MODIFY THE FONTS WITHIN THE .MOBI FILE.
I WANT TO MODIFY THE SOURCES THAT ARE INSIDE THE KINDLE BY DEFAULT.
kpoviv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 08:33 AM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
First: stop shouting.

Second: Not without a JailBreak. After that, that's essentially what the Font Hack does. Although it may or may not behave entirely properly on FW where custom fonts are "officially" supported.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 10-13-2020 at 03:44 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2020, 02:04 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Given how important you think fonts are, STOP READING MOBI AND READ KF8!
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
7th, default, fonts, kindle, paperwhite