Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-28-2013, 06:45 PM   #1
Julius Caesar
Addict
Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Author Profile is removed everytime I change the cover

Every time I change the cover of a book with Calibre 1.0, the Author Profile is removed. I can get it back by deleting the book, redownload from Amazon store but of course the cover is changed back to the original.

So, either I get a new cover or the author profile, but I can't get them both. The author profile file is still in the sdr directory so it doesn't seem to be the problem.

How do I get both the cover of my choosing and keep the author profile?

Last edited by Julius Caesar; 08-28-2013 at 06:52 PM.
Julius Caesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:35 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius Caesar View Post
Every time I change the cover of a book with Calibre 1.0, the Author Profile is removed. I can get it back by deleting the book, redownload from Amazon store but of course the cover is changed back to the original.

So, either I get a new cover or the author profile, but I can't get them both. The author profile file is still in the sdr directory so it doesn't seem to be the problem.

How do I get both the cover of my choosing and keep the author profile?
how are you changing the cover ? (steps you use please)

Are you changing the cover in Calibre the converting/sending to device to embed it in the book?

Search the Internet PI can locate covers that you then drop onto the details pane (or in the metadata edit window) for the book. I find better covers for some of my older books (I want the one on that was on my dead tree edition)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2013, 09:37 PM   #3
Julius Caesar
Addict
Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
how are you changing the cover ? (steps you use please)

Are you changing the cover in Calibre the converting/sending to device to embed it in the book?

Search the Internet PI can locate covers that you then drop onto the details pane (or in the metadata edit window) for the book. I find better covers for some of my older books (I want the one on that was on my dead tree edition)
1. Plug Kindle Paperwhite to my computer
2. Run Calibre
3. Click Add Books toolbar and select the book from Kindle documents folder
4. Right click on the book and click Edit Metadata > Edit Metadata Individually
5. Click Change Cover - Browse button and select a cover that I like from my hard drive. Calibre is unable to find an alternative cover that I like. So I have to search for it manually.
6. Click OK
7. Right click and Send to Device > Send to Main Memory
8. I have a green check mark indicating the operation is successful.
9. Safely remove the device from USB port
10. Turn on Paperwhite. I now have a new cover. Both the thumbnail and cover in full screen have been replaced but then the Author Profile is gone.
Julius Caesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:47 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius Caesar View Post
1. Plug Kindle Paperwhite to my computer
2. Run Calibre
3. Click Add Books toolbar and select the book from Kindle documents folder
4. Right click on the book and click Edit Metadata > Edit Metadata Individually
5. Click Change Cover - Browse button and select a cover that I like from my hard drive. Calibre is unable to find an alternative cover that I like. So I have to search for it manually.
6. Click OK
7. Right click and Send to Device > Send to Main Memory
8. I have a green check mark indicating the operation is successful.
9. Safely remove the device from USB port
10. Turn on Paperwhite. I now have a new cover. Both the thumbnail and cover in full screen have been replaced but then the Author Profile is gone.
Step 3 appears to be replacing the book in Calibre
is the author Profile in Calibre or only the device? If it is the device, calibre will overwrite and may disassociate the PW internal link

If all you want to do is change the cover. Drop the new cover into Metadata edit (for the correct Book )
The send the book again
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote