Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Writer2ePub

Notices

Old 05-06-2011, 03:40 PM   #46
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator
eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.

Device: Cybook Bebook iLiad Kindle HanlinV2 Readius SonyPRS500 SonyPRS700 etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterMzizi View Post
I guess the main area of conflict would be over owner/author and so for this 3 must be the right answer but other things like creation date may reflect when the work was written and not when typed into a computer. Certainly would be great to have the W2E metadata stored in the odt for future reference/use
Hi Peter,
W2E stores also in the current version the W2E metadata in the .odt file. If you create an empty .odt and the populate the metadata from the W2E window, that data are stored inside the file.

My doubt are in getting metadata from standard .odt (.doc, .rtf) fields.
In that files, the author field is always the name of the owner of the word processor software. So if you wants to create an ePub from a text of Shakespeare, in the metadata you'll find your own name…

What you, and other users, think about this?
eBookLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 11:58 AM   #47
PeterMzizi
PeterMzizi began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 300
Luke
if w3e has added an author field to the otd then use the author field. if the user does not give an author field, when first creating the epub, then copy the owner to author and save this. Even if you grab the otd metadata, as a starting point, to populate the w2e metadata a user can always change it to something appropriate (if they need to), which will then be saved for the next time.
How does this seem to you (and others)
Peter
PeterMzizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2011, 03:40 PM   #48
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator
eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.

Hi Peter,
and what about the filename? (usually Author-Title)?

Anyway, in the next release, the metadata window will be displayed each time the author, title or language are missing (are mandatory metadata for ePub).

Thanks

Luke
Old 06-04-2011, 10:34 AM   #49
edbro
Banned
edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad4
Using 1.1.11 in LibreOffice I have a couple of problems.

1. If I press the cover browse button the program will lock up.

2. After creating the epub I can not find it. It isn't in the same directory as the source odt like in the previous version. I'm not sure it is getting created despite reporting that it is.
edbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 10:47 AM   #50
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by edbro View Post
Using 1.1.11 in LibreOffice I have a couple of problems.
Hi,

please try to remove all of the instances of W2E from extension manager.
Then reboot LO and reinstalla fresh downloaded copy.

Luke
Advert
Old 06-04-2011, 10:58 AM   #51
edbro
Banned
edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBookLuke View Post
Hi,

please try to remove all of the instances of W2E from extension manager.
Then reboot LO and reinstalla fresh downloaded copy.

Luke
Okay, that got me halfway there.

The extension now creates the epub successfully. But, it still locks up when I press the browse button.

Edit:
I just tried another conversion and this time it didn't create the epub again.

Last edited by edbro; 06-04-2011 at 11:05 AM. Reason: New Info
Old 06-04-2011, 04:44 PM   #52
edbro
Banned

More clues:

I successfully created an epub without a cover. The epub and the odt are in now in the same directory. I reopen the odt file to try again. I browse for a cover and the LO locks up. After closing the program I notice that the epub already created is now gone. It is getting erased somehow.

Also, when calling the extension on the already saved odt file, the metadata is not saved. In previous versions the metadata would already be there if I reopened an odt file to recreate an epub.
Old 06-04-2011, 05:13 PM   #53
edbro
Banned

Reinstalled OpenOffice and the same plugin works great. The problems I describe happen only in Libre Office
Old 06-05-2011, 03:00 AM   #54
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by edbro View Post
Reinstalled OpenOffice and the same plugin works great. The problems I describe happen only in Libre Office
Very strange, because I develop in LO…
What version, and what operative system?
Can you also send to me the involved book?

Luke
Old 06-05-2011, 07:14 AM   #55
edbro
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBookLuke View Post
Very strange, because I develop in LO…
What version, and what operative system?
Can you also send to me the involved book?

Luke
It wasn't any one book, I tried many.

I had used OpenOffice 3.2.1 for awhile and had no problems. Then this week I uninstalled OO and installed LO ver 3.4. That's when I had problems with the extension. I uninstalled LO and reinstalled OO and it works fine again.
Old 06-17-2011, 06:31 PM   #56
jbmoore
jbmoore began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Version 1.1.11

FYI.. When I validate the epub using Sigil I get an error for tables:

"attribute 'cellspacing' is not declared for element 'table'"
jbmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 11:14 PM   #57
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmoore View Post
FYI.. When I validate the epub using Sigil I get an error for tables:

"attribute 'cellspacing' is not declared for element 'table'"
Hi,

as usual, please send me the original .odt file that causes the problem. Look the first message in this thread for the address.

Thanks

Luke
Old 08-03-2011, 03:52 PM   #58
Chrysanthemum
Enthusiast
Chrysanthemum began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2,
Me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by varelov View Post
Trying to convert an .odt file into an epub and pressed on the first of three buttons. I got slapped with an error message: BASIC runtime error. Object variable not set.
OS is Windows XP Service Pack 3. OpenOffice version 3.3.0

P.S. This .odt document is copy-paste from a web page, if it changes anything...
I do the exact thing, all the time, and I have the previous version of Writer2epub on my desktop. It works flawlessly there. I downloaded the latest version for my laptop, tried to do the function I usually did (copy all from web page, paste into Open Office, reformat margins slightly for my Sony eBook Reader, then click ePub on the top left corner) With the new version I got the exact same error. I removed the only images I could find in the document, a series of stars near the beginning. Still get the error.

I do not code. I do not know anything about code. I am way too busy to learn code for a function that I use only for light reading. Please tell me how to resolve this for this document and the future. Thank you!
Attached Files
File Type: doc Rebuilding LIfe_W2E.doc (4.80 MB, 2806 views)
Chrysanthemum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 06:21 PM   #59
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysanthemum View Post
I do the exact thing, all the time, and I have the previous version of Writer2epub on my desktop. It works flawlessly there. I downloaded the latest version for my laptop, tried to do the function I usually did (copy all from web page, paste into Open Office, reformat margins slightly for my Sony eBook Reader, then click ePub on the top left corner) With the new version I got the exact same error. I removed the only images I could find in the document, a series of stars near the beginning. Still get the error.

I do not code. I do not know anything about code. I am way too busy to learn code for a function that I use only for light reading. Please tell me how to resolve this for this document and the future. Thank you!
Hi,

I will check it as soon as possible, at the moment I'm ouside for holydays…
A note: I'm working to a totally rewritten version, that will override all these kind of problems.
Luke
Old 10-11-2011, 09:42 AM   #60
Soxendom
Connoisseur
Soxendom began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS T1
I just updated to version 1.1.13 this morning.
When doing an epub, as soon as I had put in the description, which was just plain text I got this error.

[IMG][/IMG]
Soxendom is offline   Reply With Quote