Notices

Old 11-28-2021, 03:44 PM   #1
JAMES BRUNSWICK
JAMES BRUNSWICK began at the beginning.

Device: NONE
first reader

Hello
I want to buy my first reader. To read books and
comic books. I bring 2 questions as a novice.

Is Kindle the best for a beginner user ?
Does any Reader device have the ability to show the
various data formats ? It can be confusing trying
to decide what to purchase as a first reader.

thanks.
James Brunswick
JAMES BRUNSWICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 04:14 PM   #2
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
FWIW, a bit of personal experience.

I have only ever had one ereader (not including app ereaders on ipads and iphones) and it was a Kindle Gen 2 about 11 years old. It served me faithfully until the screen died a few months ago.

I was simply going to buy a new kindle, until I started reading the Kobo threads, and I slowly changed my mind.

I now have a Kobo Libra 2. I am amazed at how versatile it is. I am able to sort my books into Series that I create, with book orders as I specify. I can easily create Collections. I am currently reading my first book on it, and page turns are lightning fast. In fact so fast that I keep thinking the page has not turned. Contrast is great. But keep in mind I am coming from an 11 year old ereader.

I don't read comic books, so can't comment on that.

Am I Kobo convert? Yes.
Karellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 06:36 PM   #3
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
The main question is: where are you going to buy your books? There is no dedicated ereader capable of reading both Amazon books and epubs from, say, Kobo or Google Play, out of the box. (It is possible to shift formats, but that requires a bit of technical know-how).

If you're going to buy your books from Amazon: get a Kindle.
If you want to buy them from elsewhere and they're in the epub format: get a Kobo, Tolino, Pocketbook. (Kobo would be my first preference).
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote