Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 07-15-2010, 09:54 PM   #1
aleccj1
Techie
aleccj1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 (3G + WiFi), Kobo
Question Can I remove the DRM from my purchased ebooks?

Hello all,
I purchased my nook around a week ago. I am seriously thinking about buying a Kindle, because in real life the battery lasts twice as long. They seem to have so many more books that I like, and the touchscreen on my nook has been very unresponsive recently. So, I was wondering if I could remove the DRM from the books I purchased (I have around 7) and convert them to mobipocket or pdf with Calibre so I could use them on a Kindle.
Thanks.
aleccj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 10:02 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Yes. There are python scripts to strip the DRM from B&N ePubs and from B&N eReader ebooks. Once DRM-free Calibre can convert them to MOBI for the Kindle. The best single source for a DRM overview is Apprentice Alf's Blog.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2010, 10:19 PM   #3
aleccj1
Techie
aleccj1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 (3G + WiFi), Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
Yes. There are python scripts to strip the DRM from B&N ePubs and from B&N eReader ebooks. Once DRM-free Calibre can convert them to MOBI for the Kindle. The best single source for a DRM overview is Apprentice Alf's Blog.
Could you provide a link, please?
EDIT- Found it.

Last edited by aleccj1; 07-15-2010 at 10:22 PM.
aleccj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 10:45 PM   #4
iandix
Addict
iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.

Device: nook touch a Nook 3g (rooted) and a nookcolor (rooted)
People don't like talking about stripping DRM here (it's illegal to remove DRM in the US)

I have sent you are private message, that might explain more :-)
iandix is offline   Reply With Quote