Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-08-2009, 08:45 AM   #31
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Yes, my Queen. With my warmest wishes to you may your toes be warm all the day.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 08:50 AM   #32
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
I think I just died a little inside....
Don't let it bother you. You might try an Aussie dessert like Pavlova and go "Blech!" yourself. It's all a rich tapestry.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2009, 08:57 AM   #33
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Don't let it bother you. You might try an Aussie dessert like Pavlova and go "Blech!" yourself. It's all a rich tapestry.

Cheers,
Marc
Pavlova sounds like a greek dessert, or a dessert for a shrink....
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:06 AM   #34
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Pavlova sounds like a greek dessert, or a dessert for a shrink....
Google it (which I suggest not because I don't want to explain it, but rather because it's one of those things best revealed through discovery...a bit like Eton Mess, which I had today but had only a few months ago Googled)

Cheers,
Marc
Old 01-08-2009, 09:10 AM   #35
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Google it (which I suggest not because I don't want to explain it, but rather because it's one of those things best revealed through discovery...a bit like Eton Mess, which I had today but had only a few months ago Googled)

Cheers,
Marc
It doesn't look very delicious...
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2009, 09:11 AM   #36
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
Thank you, no. My Mother made great pumpkin pie; however, over the last 30 years or so I have come to like apple pie much more. Granny Smith apples please. In fact my wife made one this past weekend. I would offer to share but it is all gone. Some little puppy (no names, but do the initials VR ring a bell) seems to have gotten the last of it.
Hey do ya know Austrian apfelstrudel?
My wife makes the best ever (that's one of the reasons I love her so!). With a little bit of vanilla ice cream and whipped cream.(oh and of course the strudel has to be still luke warm) Yummy!!!!!!!!

Last edited by mtravellerh; 01-08-2009 at 09:13 AM.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:14 AM   #37
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
It doesn't look very delicious...
I believe Patricia may have made a couple for Christmas if you're after a second opinion. No doubt like Pumpkin Pie, there are little tricks and tips people pose for making a Pav', and it is also open to some variation.

Cheers,
Marc
Old 01-08-2009, 09:19 AM   #38
Mindy
Away with the Faeries
Mindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS 650
I like rhubarb pie/tart.
Or rhubarb crumble.
Or a stick of rhubarb and a poke of sugar.
/sigh
I wish I had a garden so I could grow rhubarb in it.
Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:20 AM   #39
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Ever had a carrot cake, Marc? That is simply delicious, ya know. Rich and onctuous and oh so toothachingly sweet.

Really!

I kid you not!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:22 AM   #40
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy View Post
I like rhubarb pie/tart.
Or rhubarb crumble.
Or a stick of rhubarb and a poke of sugar.
/sigh
I wish I had a garden so I could grow rhubarb in it.
The Loved One loves rhubarb, and one of these days I'll get around to making him some rhubarb icecream.

Cheers,
Marc
Old 01-08-2009, 09:26 AM   #41
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Ever had a carrot cake, Marc? That is simply delicious, ya know. Rich and onctuous and oh so toothachingly sweet.

Really!

I kid you not!
Slightly mirroring my post above, The Loved One loves carrot cake. Not me though...but I do occasionally like to chew on a nice, large, sweet, peeled carrot.

Cheers,
Marc
Old 01-08-2009, 09:28 AM   #42
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
If you want an Australian treat, might I suggest "Boomerang" by Helen deGuerry Simpson that Crutledge posted yesterday? I have read the first five or so chapters and it is a delight. Think "Secon Hand Lions" with a back story.

Oh, and: Change yer damn listing!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:34 AM   #43
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Hey do ya know Austrian apfelstrudel?
My wife makes the best ever (that's one of the reasons I love her so!). With a little bit of vanilla ice cream and whipped cream.(oh and of course the strudel has to be still luke warm) Yummy!!!!!!!!
That'll be one thing on my to-do-list for the coming holiday. Eating a warm apfelstrudel with hot vanilla sauce... (it won't be an Austrian one as we'll be heading to Switzerland)
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:44 AM   #44
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
Stickybuns
Cinnamon rolls
Boston cream pie
Pumpkin/sweet potato pie
Crumb cake...
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:46 AM   #45
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Wow, from making polite and reasonable requests of the Queen to a dessert menu in 44 posts.

C'mon folks, we're laggin here!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote