Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-07-2009, 08:00 PM   #16
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
Maybe everyone could demand free pumpkin pies from the Queen?

Though, did you know most pumpkin pies are actually sweet potato pies?

num num... I currently have a pumpkin cheesecake in my fridge I picked up the other night...

-MJ

PS She probably hasn't added the PRS-700 cause she feels like she is cheating on her EBW1150. It's hard to move on
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 08:25 PM   #17
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Oh yes, sweet and creamy with a hint of cinammon. It's not too sweet though, which is why I like it.
Pumpkin pie is the best!! Especially with some good whipped cream on top. Oh, man ..... now I'm really super hungry and I want pumpkin pie!!!

And .... all I have are Cheez-its and chocolate. Oh well ... that will simply have to do. I am not going into town.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2009, 08:31 PM   #18
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Pumpkin pie is the best!! Especially with some good whipped cream on top. Oh, man ..... now I'm really super hungry and I want pumpkin pie!!!

And .... all I have are Cheez-its and chocolate. Oh well ... that will simply have to do. I am not going into town.
smear the cheeze-its with melted chocolate, and 'voila!'

I have no clue what that would be.

Hope your kitty is feeling better....
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 09:14 PM   #19
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Thank you, no. My Mother made great pumpkin pie; however, over the last 30 years or so I have come to like apple pie much more. Granny Smith apples please. In fact my wife made one this past weekend. I would offer to share but it is all gone. Some little puppy (no names, but do the initials VR ring a bell) seems to have gotten the last of it.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 09:18 PM   #20
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
fresh peach pie.....with whipped cream. Yum.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2009, 06:47 AM   #21
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
and just so you know, i'm one of those contrary queens, and the more you bug me about it, the longer you're likely to wait !
So continues the reason the date for my potential application for a driver's license is out to about the year 2017 now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
OK - I don't think I'd realised it was a sweet pie!
Yes, and if you are like myself, and only ever used to seeing it in soups or alongside a nice lamb/beef roast and such, then allow me to note to you, having tried this pumpkin pie in Michigan at an honorary Thanksgiving held in my and my travel-partner's honor, that I would be most satisfied if, during the rest of my existence, I never have to try this bizarre dish again (and, I'm not just saying that because of comparisons to the honey and buttermilk panacotta topped by eton mess that I had for lunch-dessert today, and, trust me, nor is it because of any conservative limitations on what I put in my mouth).

Pumpkin pie....[shudder].

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 07:45 AM   #22
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
Thank you, no. My Mother made great pumpkin pie; however, over the last 30 years or so I have come to like apple pie much more. Granny Smith apples please. In fact my wife made one this past weekend. I would offer to share but it is all gone. Some little puppy (no names, but do the initials VR ring a bell) seems to have gotten the last of it.
Mmmmm. Applie pie!

Hey, so why's everyone looking at me?
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 08:25 AM   #23
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
So continues the reason the date for my potential application for a driver's license is out to about the year 2017 now.

Yes, and if you are like myself, and only ever used to seeing it in soups or alongside a nice lamb/beef roast and such, then allow me to note to you, having tried this pumpkin pie in Michigan at an honorary Thanksgiving held in my and my travel-partner's honor, that I would be most satisfied if, during the rest of my existence, I never have to try this bizarre dish again (and, I'm not just saying that because of comparisons to the honey and buttermilk panacotta topped by eton mess that I had for lunch-dessert today, and, trust me, nor is it because of any conservative limitations on what I put in my mouth).

Pumpkin pie....[shudder].

Cheers,
Marc
I think you must have had bad pumpkin pie. It hardly even tastes like pumpkin.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 08:31 AM   #24
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Demands of the Queen? Okay, I'll give it a go:

I demand that our Queen Zee have a fine day today. And if she doesn't, there will be hell (squirrels) to pay! Arf!!

Okay, was that too strong? I hope I won't be relegated to sweeping the dungeon for that.

Oh, and change your damn device info. It's wrong. I'm just saying!
Old 01-08-2009, 08:34 AM   #25
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Demands of the Queen? Okay, I'll give it a go:

I demand that our Queen Zee have a fine day today. And if she doesn't, there will be hell (squirrels) to pay! Arf!!
i may deign to honor this demand. or at least give it my best shot.

Quote:
Okay, was that too strong? I hope I won't be relegated to sweeping the dungeon for that.
you know i can't be so hard on you when you look at me with those doggy eyes. and ears.
Quote:
Oh, and change your damn device info. It's wrong. I'm just saying!
i invite you to re-read post number 2 of this thread. also, as the original recipient of the Pendant of Pedantry, i must correct you : technically my device info is not "wrong", simply incomplete. i do *still* have an eb1150, after all.

(changing device info : operation currently scheduled for 2012.)
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 08:38 AM   #26
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
..... technically my device info is not "wrong", simply incomplete. i do *still* have an eb1150, after all.
Yes, my lady. I hope you have a glorious day today. Your swish is my command.

Oh, and change your damn device info. It's wrong incomplete. I'm just saying!
Old 01-08-2009, 08:39 AM   #27
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Yes, my lady. I hope you have a glorious day today. Your swish is my command.
thanks, i can probably swish unassisted.

Quote:
Oh, and change your damn device info. It's wrong incomplete. I'm just saying!
(changing device info : operation currently scheduled for 2013.)
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 08:39 AM   #28
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
I think you must have had bad pumpkin pie. It hardly even tastes like pumpkin.
No, all the local guests determined it to be excellent pumpkin pie. For me, however, it was just...blech!

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 08:40 AM   #29
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
I'd rather like my apple pies from apples from my own apple tree, Goldreinette... Still got a few kg in my freezer and even more on my attic...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh215 View Post
Maybe everyone could demand free pumpkin pies from the Queen?

Though, did you know most pumpkin pies are actually sweet potato pies?

num num... I currently have a pumpkin cheesecake in my fridge I picked up the other night...

-MJ

PS She probably hasn't added the PRS-700 cause she feels like she is cheating on her EBW1150. It's hard to move on
ahh, that's why you don't see many pumpkin pies here, not a lot of sweet potatoes...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 08:42 AM   #30
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
No, all the local guests determined it to be excellent pumpkin pie. For me, however, it was just...blech!

Cheers,
Marc
I think I just died a little inside....
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote