Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-03-2013, 07:44 AM   #271
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I find Calibre plugboards an excellent substitute for collections. I have 800-odd books on my PW2.
Did you jb your PW2? What plugboard do you use? I was waiting for collections/folders for the jb before I did it, but maybe this is a solution until then.
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 07:46 AM   #272
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceridge View Post
Did you jb your PW2? What plugboard do you use? I was waiting for collections/folders for the jb before I did it, but maybe this is a solution until then.
No, I don't use JB. I use plugboards to add the series name and number to the book title - that's all that I personally require.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2013, 07:53 AM   #273
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
Quote:
No, I don't use JB. I use plugboards to add the series name and number to the book title - that's all that I personally require.
Ok, I do that, also - but, I have favorites that I read from time to time and don't want to page through all the other to get to them, and search seems a bit slow. Thanks for the quick reply.
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 08:04 AM   #274
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Searching for books is a lot better on the PW2, with the new search option for only searching author/title rather than the text of books.
Old 12-03-2013, 08:23 AM   #275
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
I find Calibre plugboards an excellent substitute for collections. I have 800-odd books on my PW2.
Yes, I use the plugboards and it works wonderfully. I will experiment with adding more. My Kobo Glo just froze up on me. Grr!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2013, 08:37 AM   #276
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I know what you mean. My PW2 is lightning fast, in part because I only have 18 items on it. I now have "cover view" on, since I don't have any collections. I'm not going to do any collections until those redundant pop up messages are removed (either in the next update, or by a hack).
I've not updated the firmware yet (and so far it hasn't happened on the two occasions I've connected to Amazon servers), but even so, I'm waiting for a fix before using collections again just in case the 5.4.2 firmware gets installed with a OTA update. I don't store a lot of books on my Kindle, but I mostly sideload and don't want any of this nonsense the new firmware brings.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:58 PM   #277
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Quote:
I use the plugboards as well, which helped me to recreate my collections so quickly. However I do not see how that will help me without the collections, I do not want to scroll through 90 something pages without the collections.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 02:01 PM   #278
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
My solution, don't use any collections. Not exactly what I want, but better than all those redundant pop up messages.
They will need to do more than get rid of the popups, because if you make the mistake of de-registering your device, all the non-Amazon books will no longer be in collections. I get why they will not save them to the cloud, but there should be something on the device that remembers the collections of these books, especially since you are re-registering it back to the same account. I plan on sending in another feedback to Amazon letting them know that they need to give us back something for our Non-Cloud books.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 02:07 PM   #279
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
I use the plugboards as well, which helped me to recreate my collections so quickly. However I do not see how that will help me without the collections, I do not want to scroll through 90 something pages without the collections.
I don't scroll. I have my books sorted by author, and if I want a particular author I go directly there. If I want a series, I use search to find the series name which the plugboard's put into the title.
Old 12-03-2013, 02:15 PM   #280
Stingo
Fanatic
Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KH2O, KPW2, KDXG, KPW1, K3, S505
Just sent Amazon Support another message regarding 5.4.2 firmware. The more activity they see perhaps the sooner they will address.
Stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 05:32 PM   #281
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
After spending a week fixing and fine tuning my collections which Amazon's assinine 5.4.2 update fudged up, don't you know it, I get an email from Kindlean stating they have updated the program and now it works for the Paperwhite again. UGH, some days I really hate electronic devices and all their crappy software!!
So the collections mess has been fixed by Amazon?
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 06:25 PM   #282
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
So the collections mess has been fixed by Amazon?
What gave you that idea??
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:23 PM   #283
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The way I look at it, until Amazon resolves this cloud nightmare, you'd be best to forgo syncing by keeping WIFI/3G off otherwise you risk maybe a firmware update that's going to have this cloud nightmare. I would say keep WIFI/3G off for the Touch & PW1.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:05 AM   #284
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The way I look at it, until Amazon resolves this cloud nightmare, you'd be best to forgo syncing by keeping WIFI/3G off otherwise you risk maybe a firmware update that's going to have this cloud nightmare. I would say keep WIFI/3G off for the Touch & PW1.
Or downgrade when you get it. I have all the update.bins that I ever downloaded still saved.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:31 AM   #285
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Or downgrade when you get it. I have all the update.bins that I ever downloaded still saved.
Now.. that's grand, as there never was a 5.4.0 bin....
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote