Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-29-2014, 03:17 PM   #1
just_jeepin
Addict
just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
PW2 with 5.4.2.1 not deleting sideloaded books

Ever since I upgraded my Paperwhite2 to 5.4.2.1, when I delete a sideloaded book it doesn't seem to do anything. The book still shows up in my collection but I can't open it or delete it. The book was sideloaded via usb with Calibre.

Has anyone else had this happen?
just_jeepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 03:27 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Does Calibre still show it as present on the device? What happens when you try to delete it with Calibre?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2014, 03:34 PM   #3
just_jeepin
Addict
just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No, Calibre doesn't show it as still installed. I checked in usb mode and the folder for the book is there but all it has is a .mbs and a .mbp1 file.
Old 01-29-2014, 03:34 PM   #4
just_jeepin
Addict

With this and the Collections issues I'm wishing I would have stayed with 5.4.0!
Old 01-29-2014, 03:40 PM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It sounds as if the home page isn't being updated. Have you tried rebooting the Kindle?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2014, 03:45 PM   #6
just_jeepin
Addict

Yes, it didn't help. I'm gonna just delete the folder in usb mode and see if that does it.
Old 01-29-2014, 03:51 PM   #7
just_jeepin
Addict

Nope, even deleting the folder and restarting didn't get rid of it.
Old 01-29-2014, 04:00 PM   #8
just_jeepin
Addict

I moved the books I wanted to keep out of the collection, deleted the collection, and that got rid of them.

Thanks Harry for your suggestions.
Old 01-30-2014, 01:36 AM   #9
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by just_jeepin View Post
Ever since I upgraded my Paperwhite2 to 5.4.2.1, when I delete a sideloaded book it doesn't seem to do anything. The book still shows up in my collection but I can't open it or delete it. The book was sideloaded via usb with Calibre.

Has anyone else had this happen?
It shows in the collection, but not greyed out like it would be if it was in the Cloud? Is the book still actually on the device (can you find it when list is in Recent order for example)?
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 08:04 AM   #10
just_jeepin
Addict

The book appeared in the collection like a normal book. I looked in usb mode and the book wasn't there but the folder was with an .mbs and a .mbp1 file. I deleted the collection and that fixed it.
Old 01-30-2014, 11:26 AM   #11
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by just_jeepin View Post
The book appeared in the collection like a normal book. I looked in usb mode and the book wasn't there but the folder was with an .mbs and a .mbp1 file. I deleted the collection and that fixed it.
Could you not just have removed it from the collection?

With Cloud collections generally, removing the book from the device does not remove the book from the collection. These are independent operations.

But it sounds like the UI makes it appear (for side loaded books) that the book is still on the device (at the least it should be greyed out, as with books in the cloud).
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote