Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 06-28-2011, 06:48 PM   #1
ddrj
ddrj began at the beginning.

Device: none
Can't revert 1.5.0 to 1.4.x on Nook classic

Hi all. I followed the instructions over at nookdevs and removed my wifi information and reset to factory default on my Nook classic. Then I held the power button for 12 seconds and let go for 1 just like recommended (did that 6 times as per instructions).

The problem is... after I do all that, I see the touchscreen go black and show that it's installing new hardware (reverting back to an older android). Unfortunately, after it installs, I see that I am still stuck at software version 1.5.0.

Some more information:

Yes, this is a refurb item I got from buy.com
Here is my serial number with the last 4 omitted: 100435010120XXXX

Please if anyone can help me or offer some suggestions, please do? I'd rather not have to disable DHCP or mess with my router but if it comes to that I will..
ddrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 09:56 PM   #2
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Hi,

what are you trying to do? Why do you need to revert to an older software version? If you could give some background info you'll have better chances of somebody having the answer.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2011, 12:39 PM   #3
ddrj
ddrj began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
Hi,

what are you trying to do? Why do you need to revert to an older software version? If you could give some background info you'll have better chances of somebody having the answer.

Hi there! I am so sorry, I should have elaborated. I am trying to revert to an older software version so that I can root it. Currently with the nook classic, there isn't a way for 1.5 users to root their nooks without having to downgrade their software first.

This is the guide I was following: http://nookdevs.com/User_talk:Naerymdan

On there as you can see, it says you're supposed to do a hard reset. I did a factory reset (to get rid of any saved wifi links) and THEN did a hard reset. My nook just reflashed itself with 1.5.0 Basically, I can't get it to revert back to 1.4.x and I was wondering if anyone could offer any suggestions or help as to how to do so?
ddrj is offline   Reply With Quote