Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-18-2019, 11:03 AM   #91
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Quote:
One thing that make it hard to choose another book to read is when we get really invested in the book we just finished. When we care about the characters. When we don't want it to have ended.
I love that feeling. It doesn’t seem to happen as often as I’d like.

For me, this is when I’ll pick up a piece of non-fiction. When I’m not ready to meet anyone new, it’s easier to read about actual people for some reason.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 11:12 AM   #92
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
I love that feeling. It doesn’t seem to happen as often as I’d like.

For me, this is when I’ll pick up a piece of non-fiction. When I’m not ready to meet anyone new, it’s easier to read about actual people for some reason.
What I do sometimes when I'm having readers block is find a movie to watch and then give a go to finding the next book to read either later that day or the next day.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 01:44 PM   #93
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
R. B.?
When we care about the characters. When we don't want it to have ended.
The last time I felt incredibly sad when finishing a novel was on completing Nicholas Nickleby. This must have been over ten years ago. No book has left me feeling so bereft since.

Of course you realise that RB was just short for Reader's Block.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 01:56 PM   #94
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
The last time I felt incredibly sad when finishing a novel was on completing Nicholas Nickleby. This must have been over ten years ago. No book has left me feeling so bereft since.
The last time I felt for a book was when I read The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet by Becky Chambers. I really do need to read the second book in the series.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote