Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 01-22-2021, 06:57 AM   #1
kaworu1986
kaworu1986 rocks like Gibraltar!kaworu1986 rocks like Gibraltar!kaworu1986 rocks like Gibraltar!kaworu1986 rocks like Gibraltar!kaworu1986 rocks like Gibraltar!kaworu1986 rocks like Gibraltar!kaworu1986 rocks like Gibraltar!kaworu1986 rocks like Gibraltar!kaworu1986 rocks like Gibraltar!kaworu1986 rocks like Gibraltar!kaworu1986 rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kobo H2O
I made a comic/manga ePub generator

As a long time lurker, I am pleased to finally have something to contribute back to the community: I made a C# library to programmatically generate ePub files, as well as a cross platform, command line tool to generate ePub format ebooks from collections of images.

You can find both on GitHub here (library published on NuGet too).

I always found ePub to have many advantages over CBR/CBZ - compatibility and standard metadata support for one, potential to properly handle spreads (especially needed when reading on small screens/in portrait, where you really want to have them split in two pages) for another - but authoring has been more difficult than just zipping a folder, renaming and calling it a day.

Until now. With some light scripting (sample script in the repo is what I currently use - including calling an web indexer's API to avoid manually entering metadata because data entry bores me to tears) I can now batch convert a bunch of series, adding metadata so that they show up nicely, in a few minutes (of my actual time, once the process is set up I can leave the PC to do its thing for hours if needed).

Even better, the eBook authoring functionality itself is all in the library: using it to make other tools/apps should be straightforward (I actually made the library before the tool, and use it in two other projects already).

Hopefully this will be useful to someone else here

Last edited by kaworu1986; 01-22-2021 at 07:01 AM.
kaworu1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 07:21 AM   #2
rantanplan
Guru
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite (2021), Boox Note Air 2+, Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Vision 6
Thank you, kind stranger!
rantanplan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 12:24 PM   #3
radius
Lector minore
radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura One, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, Google Pixel Slate
Very cool.

Do you have a short list of things your code does that KCC doesn't handle?
radius is offline   Reply With Quote