Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-20-2010, 11:44 AM   #1
Strether
Guru
Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1; iPad Air; iPhone 7; Kobo Libra; Kindle Oasis 3
Evidence needed to support bug fix?

I'm having problems when I convert a PRC file to a Mobi file. Any paragraphs that begin with an italicized word get forced to the lefthand margin, instead of being indented. Any quotes of poetry that are italicized also get forced to the lefthand margin.

I'd like to use the Mobi formatting if I can so that readers on this site can have the additional flexibility of having chapter dots so they can move more freely through the book.

I did submit a request for a bug fix, but didn't understand why it was considered not a bug. Not sure what I should be providing to argue my case?

Jim
Strether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 12:00 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The ticket was closed, because that's what the input file looks like.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2010, 12:21 PM   #3
Strether
Guru
Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Kovid, you didn't ask me for the input file, you asked me for something supporting the behavior I was describing, and that's what I furnished. The PRC file looks like it's supposed to, the Mobi file doesn't. Do you want me to submit a PRC file which is properly formatted so that you can run it through Calibre and see how it changes it?

Jim
Old 02-20-2010, 12:26 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

yes .
Old 02-20-2010, 12:44 PM   #5
Strether
Guru

Not a problem. Do I open a new ticket for this?

Jim
Advert
Old 02-20-2010, 12:57 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

No, just re-open the old ticket