Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-03-2009, 11:13 AM   #1
kjm00
kjm00 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader and my Blackberry (Mobipocket)
Devices and Desires -- One Dollar Orbit title

<lurk status="off">
This is a brief plug for K J Parker's Devices And Desires, the latest One Dollar Orbit book for September. It's a book that I read a few years ago -- picked it up at Heathrow because it's SF about an engineer and I'm an engineer... -- and I was blown away. This is an incredibly funny and involved book; the rest of the trilogy might not have been quite as good, but this is definitely worth a buck. In fact, given how thick the book is, it's probably one of the better values (cost per page) among the One Dollar series.

In fact, I think the biggest danger of this book is that you will feel compelled to buy the rest of the trilogy, much as I ended up getting the rest of the Marla Mason series, Queen of the Orcs trilogy, etc. after I read the freebies/cheapies.

Ken
</lurk>
kjm00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 02:03 PM   #2
TheLongshot
Groupie
TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
Eh, I didn't really have any desire to get the rest of the Marla Mason ones. I wasn't all that impressed.
TheLongshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert