Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-18-2023, 04:33 PM   #1
BMANN2
BMANN2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma 8GB
How to access web server hosted on NAS while using KOreader?

I recently started using KOreader and Calibre running on my PC, then accessing it through the OPDS Catalog. But this is very annoying as to easily find mangas I have to manually edit the metadata every time I add more to Calibre. What I do is set the author to the manga title. So I just click sort by Authors on my Kobo when connecting to the Calibre server and easily find volumes/chapters.

The annoying thing is I don't always keep my computer on, and don't like having the edit the metadata for every single file I add. So I setup a web server on my TrueNAS (I am not knowledgeable in this stuff I simply watched a guide) using nginx. Now when I access 192.168.2.89 on my PC browser I see a folder directory structure, as seen in the attached image "Web Server Index".

Now I should have asked this before I did all that work... How can I now access this from my Kobo Forma running KOreader?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Web Server Index.png
Views:	86
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	200444  
BMANN2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 02:14 PM   #2
elinkser
Groupie
elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
This post adressed a similar issue:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=349634

But you are talking specifically about getting files from within KOReader I think.
I see now that the stock browser downloads .cbz files fine, so that was not your issue.

So more specifically I would suggest compiling or chrooting the elinks browser, or even easier by copying:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...91&postcount=3

Maybe even easier is to use your phone to download then relay files by SFTP.
Just run SSH server on KOReader and transfer by SFTP from Ghost Commander+SFTP Plugin(open source but available from Google Play or Aurora) installed on your Android.
**Unfortunately,this was buggy on one of my devices (and needless wear on phone storage for large files.)
What DID work was using the web browser on my phone to copy the html address of the target, then paste this into a ConnectBot (from F-Droid) SSH connection to the Kobo to "wget <address>".
Reliable and easy!

Last edited by elinkser; 03-26-2023 at 11:25 PM. Reason: SSH client to remotely issue wget download command
elinkser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
calibre, forma, kobo, koreader, web server