Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-14-2021, 01:39 PM   #1
Teeg
Avid Reader
Teeg began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Auro One LE, Kobo Forma
Unhappy Problem with Kobo Forma and Overdrive

I've owned my Kobo Forma for about 3 years (right after it came out). I love it, but for probably the past 6 months, I've had an issue with OverDrive not working.

I've tried signing in with multiple library cards (I have 4 libraries that are connected to Overdrive). It goes through the steps, card info is correct (I've entered the wrong info a couple times and gotten error messages, so I know I'm putting in the right info), but when it should be showing me the Overdrive page, I get shown the Sign In to Overdrive page instead.

I've also tried signing in with my email address to Overdrive directly, and once again, information is correct, but I'm taken to the Sign In with Overdrive page. And no matter what I try, Overdrive doesn't show up on my Home page as an option like it used to.

I've tried hard reformatting my reader, but it didn't help. I'm at a loss, so I'm hoping someone else might have a suggestion.

Thanks!
Te-ge
Teeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 08:15 PM   #2
rwhe
Hierodule
rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, calibre, Android, FBReader
I had the same problem with my Forma. It went into an authentication loop. Fixed it with factory reset.
rwhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2021, 07:47 AM   #3
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwhe View Post
I had the same problem with my Forma. It went into an authentication loop. Fixed it with factory reset.
I called kobo tech support and they asked me to log out and back in (rather than a factory reset). Annoying, but it worked.

I think something in my database got corrupted and it affected my overdrive login so I was half logged in and it couldn't clear it.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forma, kobo, overdrive