Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-19-2020, 10:21 AM   #1
Scaledish
A friend
Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
is this the light band? it stinks!

I noticed that the right side is slightly brighter, which is bearable, but on the left, near the buttons, there is a band of bight, white light. am I just crazy? that does not feel like a 270$ device performance. not to mention the battery went from 50 to 17% in a day

https://imgur.com/a/ljfmL3r

Last edited by Scaledish; 03-19-2020 at 10:44 AM.
Scaledish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 10:24 AM   #2
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Holy oversized picture Batman!
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2020, 10:28 AM   #3
Scaledish
A friend
Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
Holy oversized picture Batman!
wait, is there no picture?
try now
Old 03-19-2020, 10:42 AM   #4
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
yep. - clicking on your link because the upload here is just an oversized black box. that's the light band - which we all warned you about.
so now you keep it & learn to like it / live with it, or you return it. there is no fix and if you get a libra instead you will still see it
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 10:45 AM   #5
Scaledish
A friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
yep. - clicking on your link because the upload here is just an oversized black box. that's the light band - which we all warned you about.
so now you keep it & learn to like it / live with it, or you return it. there is no fix and if you get a libra instead you will still see it
oh, the libras also have it? was just confirming that was it
Advert
Old 03-19-2020, 12:12 PM   #6
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaledish View Post
oh, the libras also have it? was just confirming that was it
yes. some people say it is more noticeable on the forma.

suggest you find the older discussions here, there was lots of chatter about it

I don't think the 6 inch clara has it, but that model has a different light bleed issue.

it's mostly due to having the thick edge with the buttons, and how that interferes with the light casting
Old 03-19-2020, 12:13 PM   #7
Scaledish
A friend

Quote:

I don't think the 6 inch clara has it, but that model has a different light bleed issue.

it's mostly due to having the thick edge with the buttons, and how that interferes with the light casting

ok, imao honestly its fine, just caught me off guard
Old 03-19-2020, 12:20 PM   #8
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:

Only the first batch of Claras had it, it was taken care of as has been said here a lot of times and I think you are well aware of.
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 12:22 PM   #9
Scaledish
A friend

out of curiosity, is there any way to fix it my modding the hardware?
Old 03-19-2020, 12:22 PM   #10
stumped
Wizard

Quote:
it took me a while, but I mostly forget about it now, except when it gets mentioned here. I am reading almost every day on the forma. I like the light going gradually more orange in the evening. I have it on auto with a 9pm target.

how is your on/off switch - any problems with that ?
Old 03-19-2020, 12:24 PM   #11
Scaledish
A friend

Quote:
it took me a while, but I mostly forget about it now, except when it gets mentioned here. I am reading almost every day on the forma. I like the light going gradually more orange in the evening. I have it on auto with a 9pm target.

how is your on/off switch - any problems with that ?
its hard to press, but works fine. battery though, once is at 50% drains hella fast

(according to kobo support the light strip was a design choice!) lol
Old 03-19-2020, 12:24 PM   #12
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Wait a couple of days and see if you still notice it while reading. Most things don't bother me when I am reading, even if they do massively when I look at them when I open the case for example.

Do like it otherwise? 🙂
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 12:27 PM   #13
Scaledish
A friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppaea View Post
Wait a couple of days and see if you still notice it while reading. Most things don't bother me when I am reading, even if they do massively when I look at them when I open the case for example.

Do like it otherwise? ��
Yep, its great! Istill have a battery drain issue, not sure what's up with that, but the reading experience is great

Last edited by Scaledish; 03-19-2020 at 12:40 PM.
Old 03-19-2020, 12:54 PM   #14
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Yep, its great! Istill have a battery drain issue, not sure what's up with that, but the reading experience is great

Keeping WiFi off helps a lot with the battery.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 12:58 PM   #15
Scaledish
A friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Keeping WiFi off helps a lot with the battery.
noted

Tags
forma, kobo