Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 09-22-2008, 03:18 PM   #1
genome2k
Enthusiast
genome2k began at the beginning.

Device: iRex ILIAD
Where is the program folder? And questions about emelFM2

Guys I have heard a lot about you talking about the Programs folder. But I do not have any programs folder on CF or MMC card.

When I install a software, for example, the emelFM2, i copy the "emelFM2" (which is downloaded extracted from RAR) folder into my SD card from PC using Windows Explorer, inserting the card to iliad, and entering the MMC path from Device Manager, and just click the "emelFM2" directory there.

After that, the program opens.

I have no idea if this program is actually running from my SD card or it has copied itself to a certain location in the iLiad main memory. And I have no idea if I wanna uninstall the software, simply deleting the folder will do the job.

In emelFM2, I can see two panes on the left and right listing a same set of files and folders. Should be the root dir as the address bar displays a "/".

And I do not see any Programs folder. Besides. I have no clue at all how to operate emelFM2 as the page Adam has referred to:

http://emelfm2.net/emelFM2

was not talking for emelFM2 FOR ILIAD at all.

Guys please tell me someone more about the Programs folder. It sounds to me a folder similar to that in the Windows.
genome2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 03:36 PM   #2
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
*Your emelFM2 is running just from your SD card.
*To uninstall emelFM2, delete the directory.
*The two panels can display different directory, so that users can copy, move files from one dir to the other, and delete files. If it shows "/", then you are in root dir.
*Why do you need a "Program" folder? If you do need it, you can create it by your own.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2008, 03:55 PM   #3
genome2k
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericshliao View Post
*Your emelFM2 is running just from your SD card.
*To uninstall emelFM2, delete the directory.
*The two panels can display different directory, so that users can copy, move files from one dir to the other, and delete files. If it shows "/", then you are in root dir.
*Why do you need a "Program" folder? If you do need it, you can create it by your own.
Thanks Ericshliao I do not need a Program folder but I heard a lot of people talking about that folder so I had thought that was a folder created by the system.

Buy the way,

1. I remember someone released a set of grayscale icons for iLIAD and can be downloaded. But I just can't find that post. Could you or someone show me where that thread is?

2. Inside of emelFM2 I found when sometimes I occassionally touched keys of iLiad, for example, the page back/forward key, it will deliver some commands to iliad. And iLiad could be for a long time showing a busy status with flash red LED on the top. Is there any instruction regarding the functions of these keys on iLiad.

I read from that emelFM2 page http://emelfm2.net/emelFM2 and I understand the operations of emelFM2 is based on a computer with a mouse and keyboard. So I guess this is a possibility that "emelFM2 for iLIAD" has used some of the keys iLiad has to mimic the keystrokes/mouse-clicks of a PC.
Old 09-22-2008, 04:12 PM   #4
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by genome2k View Post
Guys I have heard a lot about you talking about the Programs folder. But I do not have any programs folder on CF or MMC card.
Several of the 3rd party install programs put things in the Programs directory on your CF card, but this isn't there by default. If you intend to use several 3rd party programs, then creating and using this directory keeps them all in one place.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 04:30 PM   #5
-Thomas-
Addict
-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iRex iLiad v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by genome2k View Post
2. Inside of emelFM2 I found when sometimes I occassionally touched keys of iLiad, for example, the page back/forward key, it will deliver some commands to iliad. And iLiad could be for a long time showing a busy status with flash red LED on the top. Is there any instruction regarding the functions of these keys on iLiad.
This isn't a big issue, it's because of the hardware and software design. To sum it up: Hardware buttons are controlled by the content lister and (some) key strokes are "redirected" to the currently running application. The application (in your case emelFM2) has to handle these key strokes correctly, i.e. to move to the next page if the page bar has been moved.

The content lister activates the busy led as soon as you press a button and waits until the running application "answers" with some action. As emelFM2 doesn't handle key presses at all, the led continues to show a busy status while your device should still be controlable as usual.
-Thomas- is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2008, 04:48 PM   #6
genome2k
Enthusiast

Thanks Wallcraft and Thomas,

(1)If the emelFM2 do not respond to any key strokes from iLiad, so how do we actualize its functions which are controlled by a keyboard input from a PC?

(2) Do you know anything about the post here that provides a grayscale icons patch for emelFM2? I remember I have seen that thread with a zipped file downloadable.