Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-13-2013, 09:09 PM   #16
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoguen View Post
What's the DB version for this update?
It is 92. The only change that could affect us is adding the column "Properties" to the "content" table. I have no idea what it is to be used for.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:14 PM   #17
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Links for the Kobo3 and Kobo4 versions have been posted in the Direct Links to Kobo Firmware thread.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2013, 09:22 PM   #18
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Any chance the Mini will ever get the tiled home screen? I love the tiles on my Glo.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:32 PM   #19
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
A couple of notes on davidfor's list: two things on that list DID NOT make it to the Touch (but shows up on other devices).
- the dictionary is NOT available in the extra's menu
- there is NO functionality to filter by read/unread/finished etc in the library
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:36 PM   #20
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Any chance the Mini will ever get the tiled home screen? I love the tiles on my Glo.
I don't have a Mini so didn't add it to the list but since the firmware works on the Touch, Glo and Aura HD, it should work on the Mini. If you care to test, the link for the firmware for the Touch N905C/Glo/AuraHD is:

http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwa...date-3.0.0.zip

Ahhh... should, such a nice innocuous sounding word...

Regards,
David
Advert
Old 11-13-2013, 09:49 PM   #21
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I don't have a Mini so didn't add it to the list but since the firmware works on the Touch, Glo and Aura HD, it should work on the Mini.
I am sure the firmware will work on the Mini. But, I don't think it will have the updated home page.
Quote:
If you care to test, the link for the firmware for the Touch N905C/Glo/AuraHD is:

"babak"?
Quote:
Old 11-13-2013, 09:58 PM   #22
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I am sure the firmware will work on the Mini. But, I don't think it will have the updated home page.
Given that the Touch has the same screen resolution and gets the new home page, I'd vote the other way and say the Mini will get the updated home page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
"babak"?
Unless my vague memory is right and Babak is the name of one of the Kobo developers, ghod alone knows.

Regards,
David
Old 11-13-2013, 10:25 PM   #23
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
I don't have a Mini so didn't add it to the list but since the firmware works on the Touch, Glo and Aura HD, it should work on the Mini. If you care to test, the link for the firmware for the Touch N905C/Glo/AuraHD is:

Regards,
David
Does this work on the Aura (non-HD)?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:33 PM   #24
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Given that the Touch has the same screen resolution and gets the new home page, I'd vote the other way and say the Mini will get the updated home page.
Unfortunately, Kobo didn't mention the Mini when talking about these changes during the beta.
Quote:
Unless my vague memory is right and Babak is the name of one of the Kobo developers, ghod alone knows.
Yes, there is a Babak and that's what I thought of. But, I thought maybe there was also a hockey, "football" or other Canadian reference and they were teasing him.
Old 11-13-2013, 11:48 PM   #25
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
I sideloaded 3.0.0 to my Glo, everythig seems to work as expected.

Some 2.10.0 bugs have been fixed:
- The problem where the device goes back to sleep soon after being woken is fixed.
- The delay displaying the current book cover when entering sleep mode is fixed.

Some are still present:
- The 2.10.0 bug that prevents the cover image on the book details page of Kobo-bought kepubs from being displayed until wifi is enabled is still there, as is the spurious generation of the AndroidBookLoadTablet_Aspect.parsed image files for sideloaded epubs.
- The unusually wide line spacing when using the Kobo Nickel font is still present.

Last edited by GeoffR; 11-14-2013 at 02:27 AM. Reason: Kobo Nickel spacing
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 12:23 AM   #26
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
Some 2.10.0 bugs have been fixed:
- The problem where the device goes back to sleep soon after being woken is fixed.
I don't think this is fixed. Just tried it on my Aura HD with 5 min sleep and it still times out at just over 1 min on restart with no touch on the screen. If your sleep setting is longer it will take longer to timeout (IIRC).
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 12:57 AM   #27
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
I don't think this is fixed. Just tried it on my Aura HD with 5 min sleep and it still times out at just over 1 min on restart with no touch on the screen. If your sleep setting is longer it will take longer to timeout (IIRC).
Well it really does seem to be fixed on my Glo. I'm just waking it using the slider though, are you using a sleep cover?
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 01:05 AM   #28
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Does this work on the Aura (non-HD)?
I did not find a kobo5 file link for an Aura update. You could try using the KoboRoot.tgz file from the kobo4 link but SWMBO was not receptive to the idea of trying to use that file to upgrade her Aura.

Regards,
David
Old 11-14-2013, 03:22 AM   #29
Joques
Addict
Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.

Thank you very much for the link, DNSB! I love that I can now filter by finished, reading and unread, AND that I can mark a book as unread. That means I can avoid the slightly unwieldy "shelves/collections" system altogether, since that was all I was using it for.

Too bad Kobo Nickel wasn't fixed, but Caecilia seems to hit the same spot for me, so ...

Great update for me!
Joques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 04:39 AM   #30
Goner
Connoisseur
Goner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to behold

Device: ARCHOS 80G9, Kobo Touch, Sony PRS-T1, BeBook Club S, Icarus Reader Go
Tried to sync for this update, but it's not yet available in The Netherlands, it seems.
So I downloaded the zip for the N905C, connected USB cable and unzipped it to the .kobo folder. Then got an error from unzip that that there was not enough space (very unlikely btw)
Had to disconnect anyway, so the upgrade started and to my surprise and relief my Touch started up normally and took me through the introduction for new users

Anybody else had problems upgrading with the zip file ?
Looks normal now, whole new home screen ... sleeping screen with small cover doesn't show status (sleeping) and % read anymore.

Last edited by Goner; 11-14-2013 at 05:16 AM.
Goner is offline   Reply With Quote