Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 07-17-2004, 05:08 AM   #1
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
ConvertLIT V1.8

ConvertLIT, which is most probably illegal in the US by now, allows you to circumvent Microsoft Reader DRM. V1.8 was just released, and comes with the following bug fixes and new features:

- Dictionaries are now properly expanded,
- completely rewrote space handling, to fix "italics" bugs,
- changed compression library to a new version to fix rare hangs,
- create subdirectories. (Use "-d" to disable).

As always you can download the program and its sources for free.
Colin Dunstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 07:22 PM   #2
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
<grabbed> Thank you Morpheus
cbarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2004, 11:02 AM   #3
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Nice. I don't think ConvertLIT is illegal if you use it on your own, purchased .LIT books. And if it is, I don't really care... I hate not being able to read my books on another reader but Microsoft Reader.
doctorow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 07:09 PM   #4
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I agree. I tend to purchase the lit book now, so I can then read the html in ubook (or isilo or mobipocket, which are far better readers than msreader). I also know I will always be able to read my ebook I bought, no matter what the popular format becomes, or where technology takes us...

Craig.
Old 05-04-2005, 09:35 AM   #5
DiscoLeia
DiscoLeia began at the beginning.

Great... I have so many LIT files that I would love to put onto my new handheld eBook reader.
DiscoLeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2005, 12:51 AM   #6
CINCNORAD
Enthusiast
CINCNORAD began at the beginning.

Device: Ebookwise//Sony Reader//Nokia N800
New program much like ConvertLit, but with more options and a nice interface. Not sure if it works on protected Lit files yet as I don't have any. Best of all, it's freeware.

ABC Amber LIT Converter is an advanced utility which converts your LIT (Microsoft Reader) files to any format you wish (PDF, HTML, CHM, RTF, HLP, DOC, and many more) easily and quickly --
http://www.thebeatlesforever.com/pro...xt/abclit.html

CINCNORAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 07:18 AM   #7
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
This doesn't sound so great from their FAQ:
Quote:
Every time I do a conversion, it puts your logo on the output. Does this happen only with the trial version or will it happen with the registered version as well?
The registered version removes all our banners, labels and ads.
Also, I think they are violating GPL copyrights by directly using the sources of CLIT to convert .lit files a) without naming CLIT and b) without offering the sources of the derived product.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 11:23 AM   #8
CINCNORAD
Enthusiast

I couldn't get it to work. It always gives me a blank output file. I wrote them with the problem... and their response was: "It will be fixed soon." LOL.
Old 05-14-2005, 11:35 AM   #9
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Heh yeah... better stick to the original tool.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 04:07 PM   #10
CINCNORAD
Enthusiast

So, just to be clear... ConvertLit 1.8 doesn't crack .lit files protection anymore? I wanna know if I can buy current .lit files and convert them for my ebookwise...
Old 05-15-2005, 02:50 PM   #11
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
It cracked one I bought recently just fine.
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 12:27 AM   #12
CINCNORAD
Enthusiast

Thanks. Guess I'll give it a try. If I could buy ebooks in .lit format it would hugely open up my options on my reader.
Old 05-19-2005, 10:15 PM   #13
cbarnett
MR prodigal son

I still purchase all my ebooks in lit format, and have no problems at all (µbook is such a marvelous tool )

Craig.
Old 05-24-2005, 09:02 AM   #14
Gatton
Groupie
Gatton has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gatton has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gatton has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gatton has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2021, assorted Fire tablets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CINCNORAD
So, just to be clear... ConvertLit 1.8 doesn't crack .lit files protection anymore? I wanna know if I can buy current .lit files and convert them for my ebookwise...
That's exactly what I plan to do as I just ordered an ebookwise reader myself. I tested it last night using two secure .LIT files I bought from Fictionwise. After it read my key it exploded the files no problem.

So until MS changes their DRM scheme and makes this tool useless I will always buy the .LIT version when secure ebooks are the only option.
Gatton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 05:18 PM   #15
CINCNORAD
Enthusiast

Thanks. Good to know...