Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-12-2020, 04:55 PM   #46
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Mine is "Reading list books to sync" and "Duplicated books" checked. The searches are the default.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 05:21 PM   #47
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
If you have the option checked, SmartEject asks Reading List if there are any lists that aren't sync'ed and offers to sync them. If you say yes, it tells RL to sync, same as if you had used RL's 'Sync Now' option.

I have, on occasion, seen a list become confused and think it needs to sync when it doesn't. For example, if a book is added to to a sync-to-device list while the device is attached (or doesn't auto-sync when attached) and then the book is deleted. Because RL is not notified when books are deleted, it still thinks that the list needs to be sync'ed even though it really doesn't.

However, in that case, you just let it sync (which takes no time), hit smart eject again and now it passes the sync check and ejects.

OTOH, I use 'Add/Overwrite all items' with 'Clear list on Sync' checked and you use 'Add new only' with 'Clear list on Sync' unchecked. I don't know how that may effect you differently off hand.

But I suspect the answer is: Sync the lists and hit Smart Eject again.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2020, 05:45 PM   #48
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I came across another glitch while trying to figure it out. I added a new book to the list, connected the device, and tried to SmartEject it.

It synced the new book in but then didn't actually eject the device.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 10-12-2020 at 06:33 PM.
Old 10-12-2020, 05:55 PM   #49
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

I ran Calibre in debug mode and was able to replicate the sync-and-no-eject thing. I have full log available but I notice this happened:

(note: eject at the very end was a manual one)

Code:
DEBUG:   67.7 KoboTouch:get_content_type_from_extension - start
DEBUG:   67.7 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - end for category='Fanfiction'
DEBUG:   67.7 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - managing bookshelves and series.
DEBUG:   67.7 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - Number of series set=0 Number of books=51
DEBUG:   67.7 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - Number of core metadata set=0 Number of books=51
DEBUG:   67.8 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - Finished 
DEBUG:   67.8 USBMS: starting sync_booklists
DEBUG:   67.9 USBMS: finished sync_booklists
DEBUG:   67.9 KOBO:sync_booklists - end
DeviceJob: 11 Send metadata to device done, calling callback
DeviceJob: 11 Send metadata to device callback returned
Job: 11 Send metadata to device finished
No details available.
DEBUG:   87.7 KoboUtilities:_on_device_connection_changed - self.plugin_device_connection_changed.__class__:  <class 'PyQt5.QtCore.pyqtBoundSignal'>
DEBUG:   87.7 Methods for self.plugin_device_connection_changed:  ['__call__', '__class__', '__delattr__', '__dir__', '__doc__', '__eq__', '__format__', '__ge__', '__getattribute__', '__getitem__', '__gt__', '__hash__', '__init__', '__init_subclass__', '__le__', '__lt__', '__module__', '__ne__', '__new__', '__reduce__', '__reduce_ex__', '__repr__', '__setattr__', '__sizeof__', '__str__', '__subclasshook__', 'connect', 'disconnect', 'emit', 'signal']
DEBUG:   87.7 KoboUtilites:_on_device_connection_changed - Device disconnected
DEBUG:   87.7 Have a Kobo device connected connected
DEBUG:   87.7 BEGIN Get Device Path
DEBUG:   87.7 No device appears to be connected
DEBUG:   87.7 END Get Device Path
DEBUG:   87.7 KoboUtilities:get_device - self.device_path=""
DEBUG:   87.7 rebuild_menus - self.supports_ratings=None, self.supports_tiles=None
DEBUG:   87.7 KoboUtilities:set_toolbar_button_tooltip - start: text='None'
DEBUG:   87.7 KoboUtilities:set_toolbar_button_tooltip - setting to text='Utilities to use with Kobo ereaders

Driver: KoboTouchExtended'
DEBUG:   87.8 KoboUtilities:set_toolbar_button_tooltip - start: text='None'
DEBUG:   87.8 KoboUtilities:set_toolbar_button_tooltip - setting to text='Utilities to use with Kobo ereaders

Driver: KoboTouchExtended'
READING LIST: Device disconnected
I don't know if that means anything though
Attached Files
File Type: txt SmartEject glitch.txt (300.0 KB, 211 views)

Last edited by ownedbycats; 10-12-2020 at 06:04 PM.
Old 10-12-2020, 06:09 PM   #50
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
I have, on occasion, seen a list become confused and think it needs to sync when it doesn't.
I triggered that bug recently. I have clear list on sync checked.
I connected and disconnected multiple times and it still wanted to sync.

I think I eventually just hit "clear list" in the readinglist menu and the problem went away.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2020, 06:19 PM   #51
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Things I tried:

1. Syncing unmodified list and then SmartEject
2. Adding a book to the Reading List - see the bug above
3. Clearing the list entirely and re-adding all the books and syncing it

Last edited by ownedbycats; 10-12-2020 at 06:39 PM.
Old 10-12-2020, 08:09 PM   #52
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Most of your debug appears to be Kobo output or something? I don't recognize it, but there sure is a lot of it.

I do notice this:
Code:
READING LIST: Metadata available: {'main': {'device_store_uuid': '97dc9975-085a-4dc5-a7f4-a614689983f3', 'device_name': 'Kobo Aura HD', 'prefix': 'G:/', 'date_last_connected': '2020-10-12T21:48:09.238993+00:00', 'location_code': 'main', 'last_library_uuid': None, 'calibre_version': '5.2.0'}}
READING LIST: Sync Now - force_sync= False
READING LIST: Device found to sync to: Kobo Aura HD 97dc9975-085a-4dc5-a7f4-a614689983f3
READING LIST: Not syncing 'To Read' to device as autosync is false
... twice apparently,
Code:
READING LIST: Metadata available: {'main': {'device_store_uuid': '97dc9975-085a-4dc5-a7f4-a614689983f3', 'device_name': 'Kobo Aura HD', 'prefix': 'G:/', 'date_last_connected': '2020-10-12T21:49:05.276982+00:00', 'location_code': 'main', 'last_library_uuid': 'b96decbc-fcca-470f-b7af-8e1338a26310', 'calibre_version': '5.2.0'}}
READING LIST: Sync Now - force_sync= False
READING LIST: Device found to sync to: Kobo Aura HD 97dc9975-085a-4dc5-a7f4-a614689983f3
READING LIST: Not syncing 'To Read' to device as autosync is false
Notice 'Not syncing 'To Read' to device as autosync is false'. Are you sure you have 'Sync to this device as soon as it is connected' checked for the list in question?

And later:
Code:
READING LIST: Sync Now - force_sync= True
READING LIST: Syncing 1 books in 'To Read' to: 97dc9975-085a-4dc5-a7f4-a614689983f3 (location:None)
Presumably the manual sync, which shows no errors.

Is SmartEject asking you to sync once, or every time you press it? Because if it only asks once, then ejects the second time you press SmartEject, that's working as designed from SmartEject's POV.

Even if it is asking about Sync every time, if Reading List also shows it thinks there's a need to sync (Sync Now option enabled), that's still not a SmartEject issue; it's a RL issue.

What I am seeing looks like you have a list (perhaps a different list than the one you are concentrating on) that is set to update the device, but has the auto sync on connect flag off.
Old 10-12-2020, 08:26 PM   #53
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

I use Kobo Utilities to auto-retrieve the last read date from the device (that's all the store_bookmarks stuff). I also use KoboTouchExtended for kepub support and collections (half of the books on the reading list are in a Fanfiction collection).

I don't use auto-sync because I'm not sure whether it might cause issues with Kobo Utilities fetching the bookmarks. Is that a requirement? It didn't seem clear on that.

When I finish a book on my Kobo this is my usual procedure:

1. Use Calibre to remove it from the reading list. Add a new book to the reading list.
2. Plug in device. Let Kobo Utilities sync the last-read date.
3. Sync the reading list. Since it's "Replace/add new items," it removes the completed books from the device and then uploads the new books. (I use KoboTouchExtended for kepub support.)
4. Eject the device. (I just used the regular eject until today.)

(Once in a while I plug in the Kobo first though.)

When I plug in my device and then SmartEject it, it asks me whether I want to sync the list, whether or not there's changes.
  • If I press "yes" when there's changes in the RL, it syncs the list.
  • If I press "yes" when there are no changes in the RL, nothing happens.
  • If I press "no," it ejects the device without incident.

In any case, further attempts to eject continue to ask me to sync first.

So far, I've tried:
  • Re-syncing the list when there were no changes
  • Making a change to the list while the device was unplugged, then plugging in the device and syncing it
  • Clearing and re-creating the list while the device was unplugged, then plugging in the device and re-syncing it

I've only the one list. I used to have two lists though and some of the books used to be on the other list. I'm not sure whether that might affect anything (especially since I cleared & re-created the list).

Sorry if the earlier posts seemed disjointed, I messed up my meds earlier

Last edited by ownedbycats; 10-12-2020 at 09:30 PM.
Old 10-12-2020, 09:27 PM   #54
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Try creating an entirely new list, give it the same settings, then disable or delete the old list entirely.
Old 10-12-2020, 09:57 PM   #55
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Hmm, that didn't work, it's still asking me to sync.

I tried changing the sync action too in case it was a problem with Replace device but got the same result.
Old 10-12-2020, 10:07 PM   #56
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Ok, so I did this:

1. Plugged in device.
2. Deleted every book from the device.
3. Removed the books from the reading list.
4. Used SmartEject. It didn't ask me to sync the list.
5. Re-added books to reading list.
6. Plugged in device again.
7. Synced reading list.
8. Used SmartEject. It asked me to sync the list.

I'll just uncheck reading list in the settings and use SmartEject for a handy big eject button I guess

Last edited by ownedbycats; 10-12-2020 at 10:11 PM.
Old 10-12-2020, 11:12 PM   #57
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

There's something wrong with the RL "Replace device with list, add new items only" setting. For one thing, it doesn't stay set for me. I'll look at it more tomorrow--I don't even know for sure what it's supposed to do.

Regardless, this is not a SmartEject issue. All further discussion on this should be done in the RL thread.
Old 10-13-2020, 12:23 AM   #58
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
I use Kobo Utilities to auto-retrieve the last read date from the device (that's all the store_bookmarks stuff). I also use KoboTouchExtended for kepub support and collections (half of the books on the reading list are in a Fanfiction collection).

I don't use auto-sync because I'm not sure whether it might cause issues with Kobo Utilities fetching the bookmarks. Is that a requirement? It didn't seem clear on that.

When I finish a book on my Kobo this is my usual procedure:

1. Use Calibre to remove it from the reading list. Add a new book to the reading list.
2. Plug in device. Let Kobo Utilities sync the last-read date.
3. Sync the reading list. Since it's "Replace/add new items," it removes the completed books from the device and then uploads the new books. (I use KoboTouchExtended for kepub support.)
4. Eject the device. (I just used the regular eject until today.)

(Once in a while I plug in the Kobo first though.)
With that process, then you need to not to do the sync automatically. There is no way to control which of these jobs, the Kobo Utilities status fetch or the Reading List sync, happens first. So, it would be possible for the book to removed before the status was fetched. I think I would do the remove from the list after the status has been fetched. That would remove the book on the next connection, but, overall it would be a lot safer.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 12:48 AM   #59
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

That makes sense. I seem to remember something about Reading List sometimes getting glitchy (can't remember the details) when the list is modified when the device is plugged in so that's why I do it before connecting.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 10-13-2020 at 01:36 AM.
Old 11-13-2020, 01:35 AM   #60
Katja_hbg
Groupie
Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo Glo HD (landscape), Kobo Aura One
My Kobo Aura One is updated to 4.24 from 4.1 (yes very old and big step).
Settings of several plugins are already adjusted by me, as the type of the kobo device changed from «kobo touch...« to kobo aura one».
Only the following two plugins still seems not to work but work perfect for old kobo version.
1) smart eject: I do not have any setting. Only like the big icon for ejection. But it do nothing anymore.
2) reading list deleting books from device. Adding books works perfect, after changing the device type as mentioned above. The settings for delete-from-device is «any device». The sync still clear the list but do not remove the book from device.

Any idea?
Katja_hbg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, eject