Old 10-09-2011, 04:24 PM   #1
w1ksz
Connoisseur
w1ksz began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket EdGe
PE Getting Quite Warm

Today I while monitoring a Web Site, I noticed that a part of the Reader
side (lower third area) was getting quite warm. Not too hot to handle, but
noticeably warmer than I think it should be.

Anyone seen this before ?? Any thoughts on what to do (besides list it on
e-Bay !!).

Thanks,

rs
w1ksz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 05:24 PM   #2
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Sounds as if the video subsystem was getting a good workout. Graphics intensive site?

Have you turned off the unit and restarted without going to any web sites and if so did the unit run cool?
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2011, 05:37 PM   #3
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
Mine does that exact same thing (lower third on the reader side). Doesn't get especially warm when I'm watching videos from a flash drive, but usually when I'm browsing the internets.

I'm not too concerned since it doesn't get anywhere near as hot as my laptop.
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 05:44 PM   #4
tarvoke
Dog Dentist
tarvoke began at the beginning.

Device: PE, GT540, VM670, GOGHVMU, Qualcomm 1600
yeah the wifi chip is going to heat it up for sure. I was a little surprised at first but given that all the "stuff" is under the reader side I guess it shouldn't be too surprising...?

try turning off internets and do some other activities (e.g. read books, play music) and see how it does...
tarvoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 12:59 PM   #5
w1ksz
Connoisseur
w1ksz began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket EdGe
I re-booted and just let it sit for a while and it's nice and cool.
Glad to hear it's not busted, but it does mean that one use I had
for it will not work (at least for very long). Too bad, it's a nice toy.

Maybe the HP Touchpad will be better. I read that HP has 200K units
in the pipeline. The profit margin on those must be obscene !!

Thanks for the replies,

rs
w1ksz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert