Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 08-30-2023, 06:50 PM   #1
colinsky
Addict
colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, PRS-T1, PRS-T3
.mobi site not working?

The mobileread.mobi address, which provided a mobile-friendly interface to the forum, stopped working for me yesterday--it now redirects and loads the full desktop site.

Is anyone else seeing the same (i.e, is the problem my side or server side)?

Any other suggestions for a similar option to view the forum on a mobile?
colinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2023, 07:20 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinsky View Post
The mobileread.mobi address, which provided a mobile-friendly interface to the forum, stopped working for me yesterday--it now redirects and loads the full desktop site.

Is anyone else seeing the same (i.e, is the problem my side or server side)?

Any other suggestions for a similar option to view the forum on a mobile?
It's not you. The mobile site is redirecting to the desktop site.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2023, 08:42 PM   #3
democrite
Evangelist
democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.

Device: none
I'm not sure what forum software is used here yet by now surely there should be some version with a responsive theme that can automatically used when browsing on mobile, tablets, or eReaders. As a site specifically oriented towards those that use eReaders and various reading devices, perhaps I find it odd the forums themselves haven't been adapted to such when so many others have.
democrite is offline   Reply With Quote