Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-06-2023, 07:05 AM   #1
Happy_Reader
Happy_Reader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Happy_Reader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Happy_Reader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Forma
Thank you Kobo Forma, RIP

I've been happily using my Kobo Forma for 4 years - several hours a day. In the past 2 weeks it has been unable to hold a charge - charge up the battery; go to use it a few hours later, dead. Few other difficulties. Four years of constant use is good service. Thanks to Kobo for a good piece of Kit.

Kobo Sage is on order ...
Happy_Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 02:51 PM   #2
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Enjoy your Sage! I have absolutely loved mine, even though the weight increase made it a little tougher to hold. But the screen is just so nice!
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 04:38 PM   #3
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Thank you Kobo Forma, RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy_Reader View Post
I've been happily using my Kobo Forma for 4 years - several hours a day. In the past 2 weeks it has been unable to hold a charge - charge up the battery; go to use it a few hours later, dead. Few other difficulties. Four years of constant use is good service. Thanks to Kobo for a good piece of Kit.

Great attitude! Thank you! There is so much grousing in this forum that it’s hard to tell sometimes that it’s a homebase for Kobo fans!

If you’re daring, you could research how to replace the battery and get yourself a second eReader, but it might be easier to sell it as is on eBay. There are plenty of people looking to pick up a Kobo as a fixer upper bargain.
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 10:52 PM   #4
Nightyume
Addict
Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.

Device: HTC One, Galaxy Note 10.1, Kobo Aura
I am sorry for your loss. I personally dread when mine dies. The plastic substrate has saved its life many times over and one reason I have no interest in the sage as an upgrade. I am actually strongly considering buying a Forma in one of the local bookstores despite it costing the launch price for precisely this reason.
Hope you are happy with the sage =)
Nightyume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 08:54 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:

You could try opening the Forma and if you can do it successfully, get a replacement battery for it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 10:45 AM   #6
enuddleyarbl
Guru
enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
When mine died, I tried opening it. But, I couldn't figure out how to do it (no seams or screws that I could find). Surprisingly, I couldn't even find a video on Youtube.
enuddleyarbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 12:10 PM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by enuddleyarbl View Post
When mine died, I tried opening it. But, I couldn't figure out how to do it (no seams or screws that I could find). Surprisingly, I couldn't even find a video on Youtube.

Check out this link and see if there's anything helpful:

https://www.reddit.com/r/kobo/commen...ly_and_backup/

I don't own a Forma, so I don't know if the information is useful to your purpose.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 10:59 AM   #8
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Quote:

I have the Sage. Battery is iffy but it got better after about 2 updates. I still love how i can write on books
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2023, 05:32 PM   #9
kickerofelves
kickerofelves ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kickerofelves ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kickerofelves ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kickerofelves ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kickerofelves ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kickerofelves ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kickerofelves ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kickerofelves ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kickerofelves ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kickerofelves ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kickerofelves ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:

That's too bad. I love my Forma and was really disappointed that they didn't update it. I have no need of the Sage's writing ability (maybe if I experienced it I might change my mind) & am weary of the battery life issues that I've read about.
kickerofelves is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forma, kobo