Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-11-2022, 09:58 AM   #1
BMANN2
BMANN2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma 8GB
Is it possible to solder new storage to a Kobo Forma?

I have a Kobo Forma which I regrettably bought the 8GB edition a while back. Now getting into much more manga and liking to have tons of options available with me I wanted a much larger storage option. From my reading it seems only the Clara HD I think it was is possible to take apart and replace with a new MicroSD as others have said the Forma's storage is soldered on.

I am comfortable tinkering with electronics (Very basic level but I like doing it) and was curious even though it is soldered on, is it physically possible to solder on a new storage even though it may not be user friendly. Or is there something actually stopping from even this being an option?

I haven't taken apart my Forma as before I did that I would prefer more information and I can't seem to find many talking about this option or even seeing information on the Forma being disassembled at all.

Thank you for any help you can provide
BMANN2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 12:05 PM   #2
Colonel Cathcart
Addict
Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
You can find photos of the Forma's guts here: https://www.reddit.com/r/kobo/commen...ly_and_backup/
Colonel Cathcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 02:24 PM   #3
BMANN2
BMANN2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma 8GB
Thank you. Just came across that link from someone on Reddit as well. ��
BMANN2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 06:54 AM   #4
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
It's theoretically possible but not practical.
Really the only sensible solution is a new 32G ereader.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forma, microsd, soldering, storage