Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-14-2021, 09:12 PM   #1
robintes
Banned
robintes knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robintes knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robintes knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robintes knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robintes knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robintes knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robintes knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robintes knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robintes knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robintes knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robintes knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Android tablet, Kobo Forma
Forma newbie

I have just powered up my new Forma and I feel like Ive taken delivery of a Rolls Royce limo - ebookwise. Bit of a faff to start with (Rakuten really does want to take you over yuk) but found how to sideload my Calibre books - Kobo Desktop - just a glorified shop window only needed to open communication with usb. A tip said I should disable wifi as it conflicts with usb. No sweat as who needs wifi anyway? you cant DL thru wifi

But the Reading experience is luxury, the clarity of Eink, the auto back light and you dont have to shutdown, month between charging, and can reading in broad daylight

This is not a plug btw just a readers views

no doubt ill find some bugs later but its a luscious honeymoon just now Well worth £230 and no eye strain from pica 9 font in paperbacks

I did waste a week trying to source a Kobo from ebay but why pay ca £100 for some 5+ years old and well out of date

As for rip off Kindle - wash your mouth out

robintes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 09:52 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
You don't need the Kobo Desktop for USB connection. It should work without it. I've never installed the Kobo Desktop on any of my laptops and I sideload all my ebooks directly from Calibre.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 09:57 PM   #3
robintes
Banned
robintes knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robintes knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robintes knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robintes knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robintes knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robintes knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robintes knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robintes knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robintes knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robintes knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robintes knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Android tablet, Kobo Forma
OK thnx i found it a bit tricky at first goin from Calibre to Forma. the send to device wouldnt show "main memory tab"
i had to set default send format first. it seems ok now but didnt work at first or maybe just me. Ive sent ca 100 epubs to my forma - way to go
robintes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forma