Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-21-2020, 02:39 PM   #1
Guyverix
Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Touch, Kindle App
Filtering by Author does not hide unmatched authors

I know the earlier versions of Calibre used to do this, and it must be a setting that I have enabled that is causing my trouble. However I cannot figure out how to fix my mistake.

When I choose to use 'similar books' >> 'books by same author' it does not filter out all of the unmatched books and hide them in the interface.

Also when I use the author drop down and get the + symbol on the authors name I am still seeing all of the other books displayed. The author search at the top shows the same behaviour.

So my question is how the heck do I fix this?!? If I search by author, I only want to see that matched authors books.
Guyverix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 02:50 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Not your 'mistake'
you may have used a PI like find duplicates which switches search modes
Preferences Behavior: Searching: un-tick Highlight search results
You can put the Quick Toggle Icon at the end of the search box, b ticking the Show (same form) Icon
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 03:09 PM   #3
Guyverix
Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Touch, Kindle App
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Not your 'mistake'
you may have used a PI like find duplicates which switches search modes
Preferences Behavior: Searching: un-tick Highlight search results
You can put the Quick Toggle Icon at the end of the search box, b ticking the Show (same form) Icon
ROFL! That got it! thank you very much! You were exactly right. I do use the "Find Duplicates" as well. Going to have to watch and make sure the plugins do not do unexpected things in the future.
Guyverix is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, dork, howto