Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 07-05-2023, 08:09 AM   #1
rondo
rondo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite PW5
Problem with downloading dictionary

I have encountered a problem. My KOReader (ver. 2023.05.1, Kindle Paperwhite PW5) cannot download the ukrainian dictionary called "Великий тлумачний словник сучасної української мови" (explanatory-uk-uk.tar.gz). This file (on server) weighs a very small amount of bytes (only around 200kb).

And when I download this file, my KOR ends up with error (screenshot): https://imgur.com/Wv7iNuh

So, I have questions:
1. It's only me, or it's common problem?
2. Can I somehow fix that?
3. Where I can find this dictionary (explanatory-uk-uk) to upload it manually via cable to KOReader/data/dict?

Thanks!
rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2023, 09:56 AM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Not you, the link is dead .

I assume it got DMCA'd, @hius07?
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2023, 10:42 AM   #3
rondo

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Not you, the link is dead .

I assume it got DMCA'd, @hius07?
Hi, NiLuJe!
Maybe you know where I can download this dictionary and manually upload it to the book?
Old 07-05-2023, 10:58 AM   #4
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Sorry, restored. Try again.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2023, 12:23 PM   #5
rondo

Solved ✅
Advert
Old 07-26-2023, 04:27 PM   #6
ionroata
ionroata began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook ERA
Sorry for intruding in your post.

I've got a similar problem when trying to download the Romanian-English Wiktionary. Thought of just asking here for help.

Also, every time I click to download is asks to turn on Wi-Fi even though it's connected.

After that it shows a prompt with the message
"Dictionary file size is %1 (nil bytes)..."

I hit Download an the I get the "Could not save file to:... " message.

My reader it's a Pocketbook Era with firmware 6.8

Thanks,
ionroata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 03:25 PM   #7
ionroata
ionroata began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook ERA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionroata View Post
Sorry for intruding in your post.

I've got a similar problem when trying to download the Romanian-English Wiktionary. Thought of just asking here for help.

Also, every time I click to download is asks to turn on Wi-Fi even though it's connected.

After that it shows a prompt with the message
"Dictionary file size is %1 (nil bytes)..."

I hit Download an the I get the "Could not save file to:... " message.

My reader it's a Pocketbook Era with firmware 6.8

Thanks,
Tried again a few minutes ago and it worked...
ionroata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 07:28 AM   #8
hkjhk&
hkjhk& began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Hi! Any chance anyone have ukrainian-english dictionary for kobo? I've been looking for ages and can't find it. I've got some xdxf dictionaries but i'm not sure how to convert it to XML. Will appreciate any help
hkjhk& is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 11:52 AM   #9
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkjhk& View Post
Hi! Any chance anyone have ukrainian-english dictionary for kobo? I've been looking for ages and can't find it. I've got some xdxf dictionaries but i'm not sure how to convert it to XML. Will appreciate any help
Hi, slovnyk_uk-en is available to be downloaded within KOReader.

If you want a dictionary to be used on Kobo software then please ask on the Kobo subforum.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote