Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 08-23-2023, 10:28 AM   #16
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
08/23/23-16:32:24 INFO Dropbox: cannot get access token
08/23/23-16:32:24 ERROR CloudStorage: nil

It seems that you have an old version of KOReader.
The newer versions give more detailed error info.
hius07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2023, 10:45 AM   #17
Vakke
Enthusiast
Vakke doesn't litterVakke doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
That means that the short lived token is not generated.
The reasons may be: incorrect refresh token, incorrect app_key, incorrect app_secret (they must be entered with : colon).
Or you entered them into the wrong fields in the cloud storage edit dialog.
I'm 100% positive that I've entered them to the right slots with right information or then I should really be worried for my eyes.

I'll check them again for the 40 time when I return home with a proper working wifi!
Vakke is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2023, 10:46 AM   #18
Vakke
Enthusiast

Quote:
08/23/23-16:32:24 INFO Dropbox: cannot get access token
08/23/23-16:32:24 ERROR CloudStorage: nil

It seems that you have an old version of KOReader.
The newer versions give more detailed error info.
KOReader logs say I've 2023.06.1 version of the application on the Kobo
Old 08-23-2023, 10:52 AM   #19
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vakke View Post
KOReader logs say I've 2023.06.1 version of the application on the Kobo
Sorry, you are right, this will appear in 2023.08 (it is already in the nightly builds though).
https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/10666
Old 08-23-2023, 02:55 PM   #20
Vakke
Enthusiast

Quote:
Sorry, you are right, this will appear in 2023.08 (it is already in the nightly builds though).
https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/10666
Oh okey!

Thank you for re-enforcing that there must be a mistake even though I was most certain that it was not the case. It seems tha either of the app_key or app_secret were wrongly written even though I literally copied them from the Dropbox site to the lua.

I fixed the situation by copying those codes straight from the terminal as they worked there and it seems those fixed my issue.
Advert
Old 08-23-2023, 03:11 PM   #21
hius07
Wizard

Good to know!
Old 09-13-2023, 06:39 PM   #22
allanahk
Connoisseur
allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I finally got this working! I used to download books via the native Dropbox integration on kobo, but that required exiting and restarting KOreader each time. This is much faster

Some hurdles that I ran into that might help others:

1. The curl command is slightly different for windows terminal (replace \ with ^):

Code:
curl https://api.dropbox.com/oauth2/token ^
-d code=AUTHORIZATION_CODE ^
-d grant_type=authorization_code ^
-u APP_KEY:APP_SECRET
2. Make sure you have files.metadata.read and files.content.read ticked under permissions (I think these are the only ones needed but I selected all read permissions just in case), and remember to press submit so that the permissions save. Only generate the refresh token after doing this. I have the app is restricted to a single folder, so it's not necessary to allow full access to your entire Dropbox (or write permissions, unless you want them)

3. To double check that you have the correct scope for your refresh token, when you run the curl command in terminal, check the "scope" parameter contain your chosen permissions (it will appear in the same output as the refresh token). For some reason my permissions didn't stick the first time and I was generating a token with only account_info.read, leading to a lot of frustration and confusion

4. Update to the latest KOReader version and check the crash log if things aren't working - it's more informative now and very useful when things go wrong, like when you have insufficient permissions or the wrong tokens etc
allanahk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 02:01 PM   #23
hatuluang
Connoisseur
hatuluang can extract oil from cheesehatuluang can extract oil from cheesehatuluang can extract oil from cheesehatuluang can extract oil from cheesehatuluang can extract oil from cheesehatuluang can extract oil from cheesehatuluang can extract oil from cheesehatuluang can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 305869 View Post

5. Request a refresh token using curl. Using the terminal I obtained a refresh token with this command:
Code:
curl https://api.dropbox.com/oauth2/token \
-d code=AUTHORIZATION_CODE \
-d grant_type=authorization_code \
- Replace AUTHORIZATION_CODE with the code obtained in step 4.
- Replace APP_KEY:APP_SECRET with your key and secret separated by a colon
- In the terminal you get a response with various parameters. The important one is called refresh_token. I copied this code to enter in KOReader.
Finally, I managed to use the curl correctly, should disable the antivirus when I ran it, got the "refresh token" and continued the step to cloudsetting.lua. Now My KOReader can sync with Dropbox.

Thank you!

Last edited by hatuluang; 10-07-2023 at 10:41 PM.
hatuluang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2023, 05:31 AM   #24
nuovodna
nuovodna began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Can i synch highlights with this method? Thank you
nuovodna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2023, 06:39 AM   #25
hius07
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuovodna View Post
Can i synch highlights with this method? Thank you
No, you can't.
Old 11-16-2023, 10:08 AM   #26
huyhuyhuy
huyhuyhuy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle ppw5
how can i copy this code to my kindle? pls help me i am a newbie
huyhuyhuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 10:41 AM   #27
5moufl
5moufl began at the beginning.

Thumbs up

This worked flawlessly and I'm delighted.

For reference, on a jailbroken Kindle PaperWhite (PW / B024), running 5.6.1.1 firmware with KOReader 2024.01.
5moufl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 05:59 PM   #28
j0el
j0el began at the beginning.

Device: Voyage WiFi
Smile Thank You, perfect instructions for setting up Dropbox

Yoiur instructions worked perfectly. I just need to figure out the minimal permissions I need once set up.
j0el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2024, 09:48 PM   #29
blueweasley
blueweasley began at the beginning.

Question

Your instruction doesn't work for me, I don't know how.

When pressing the Info button, the information about my Dropbox account still appears like in the photo below. However, the app cannot fetch the file and folder list.

Do you have any idea about this error?

https://i.imgur.com/0aXSjw0.jpeg

blueweasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 02:09 PM   #30
correoparaappzz
correoparaappzz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
help

[QUOTE=305869;4319446]
5. Request a refresh token using curl. Using the terminal I obtained a refresh token with this command:
Code:
curl https://api.dropbox.com/oauth2/token \
-d code=AUTHORIZATION_CODE \
-d grant_type=authorization_code \
- Replace AUTHORIZATION_CODE with the code obtained in step 4.
- Replace APP_KEY:APP_SECRET with your key and secret separated by a colon
- In the terminal you get a response with various parameters. The important one is called refresh_token. I copied this code to enter in KOReader.
[QUOTE]

What terminal? the dropbox one or the pc one?
correoparaappzz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dropbox