Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-26-2023, 05:03 PM   #2416
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Still waiting for Stephen R. George's ebooks to go on sale. (Getting this to happen must be akin to Norman Mailer attempting to levitate the Pentagon.)

The only one I have is Nightscape.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2023, 05:24 PM   #2417
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Still waiting for Stephen R. George's ebooks to go on sale. (Getting this to happen must be akin to Norman Mailer attempting to levitate the Pentagon.)

The only one I have is Nightscape.
I've pickd up three of his books: Nightscape (which I enjoyed far more than I thought I would), Nightlife and Seeing Eye. I paid full price for the last two, based on my enjoyment of Nightscape.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2023, 08:55 PM   #2418
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I've pickd up three of his books: Nightscape (which I enjoyed far more than I thought I would), Nightlife and Seeing Eye. I paid full price for the last two, based on my enjoyment of Nightscape.

Thanks for the info on those other titles.

I think I'll still keep an eye on them, on all of his books.

Old 03-01-2023, 10:43 AM   #2419
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz is $1.99 at Amazon and Kobo US.

I'm not really a Koontz fan, but I did enjoy the movie adaptation of this one.

Quote:
Meet Odd Thomas, the unassuming young hero of Dean Koontz’s dazzling New York Times bestseller, a gallant sentinel at the crossroads of life and death who offers up his heart in these pages and will forever capture yours.

“The dead don’t talk. I don’t know why.” But they do try to communicate, with a short-order cook in a small desert town serving as their reluctant confidant. Sometimes the silent souls who seek out Odd want justice. Occasionally their otherworldly tips help him prevent a crime. But this time it’s different.

A stranger comes to Pico Mundo, accompanied by a horde of hyena-like shades who herald an imminent catastrophe. Aided by his soul mate, Stormy Llewellyn, and an unlikely community of allies that includes the King of Rock ’n’ Roll, Odd will race against time to thwart the gathering evil. His account of these shattering hours, in which past and present, fate and destiny, converge, is a testament by which to live—an unforgettable fable for our time destined to rank among Dean Koontz’s most enduring works.
Old 03-03-2023, 04:49 AM   #2420
Kieran Seymour
Addict
Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
I meant to post this a couple of days ago. Technically, it ought to be in the Non-Fiction thread but I suspect it'll find a more appreciative audience here.

James Herbert: Devil in the Dark by Craig Cabell
amazon.co.uk | amazon.com | amazon.ca

A biography and guide to the works of the late horror writer, probably best known for his novels from the 1970s and 1980s such as Rats and The Fog. Anyway, it's currently free and seems to have some decent reviews.
Kieran Seymour is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2023, 07:20 AM   #2421
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

^

As mentioned, the ebook is FREE.

Thanks for mentioning this title. I'm a huge fan of James Herbert, but I wasn't aware of this non-fiction study.
Old 03-03-2023, 08:01 AM   #2422
radbaddude
Addict
radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
The Beast of Brenton Woods (The White Wolf Series Book 1) by by Jackson R. Thomas (Author), Erin Sweet-Al Mehairi (Editor)
Amazon US $0.99

Quote:
The White Wolf, the Beast of Brenton Woods, a legendary creature said to walk like a man. When the full moon rises, it will feast. Unseen for years, truth has turned to rumor, mere folklore. Until something lures the monster from exile, calling it home. For Tyler and Ben, a firsthand encounter leads to an exploration of the forbidden depths of Brenton woods, and for Ben, the discovery of a family secret. When Wendy and her friend's hangout in the abandoned cabin is compromised, the hunt begins. The target of a creature's desire, Wendy is hearing whispers in the night, finding footprints outside her window, and can't shake the dreadful feeling that something is waiting for her. Deputy Kathy Wilcox understands the disturbances, the shredded carcasses, and the growing list of missing persons in town are connected to something larger than life. Will her acceptance of the legend end in tragedy? There's a full moon above, the night is coming down, and blood is about to run.
radbaddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2023, 04:44 PM   #2423
salty-horse
Wizard
salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
Humble Bundle featuring Goosebumps by R. L. Stine.
Region-restricted to the US
https://www.humblebundle.com/books/g...stic-inc-books
salty-horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 01:35 PM   #2424
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

The Devil’s Bed by Doug Lamoreux is $0.99 at Amazon and Kobo US.

I read this one a while back and enjoyed it.

Quote:
What awaits Brandy in the Devil's Bed?

While touring an old castle in France, Brandy Petracus finds an old Templar Knight graveyard. Long forgotten by the world, this ancient cemetery is known to the locals as the Devil's Bed, and its occupants do not rest in peace.

Soon, Brandy finds herself the leader of an eclectic group of tourists, under attack by something that craves their blood. Flashbacks to 14th century Paris tell Brandy's story of commitment and sacrifice, as she is forced to hole up in the ancient chapel and fight for survival.
Old 03-09-2023, 10:45 PM   #2425
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

The House at Phantom Park by Graham Masterton is $1.99 at Amazon and Kobo US.

Quote:
In this abandoned hospital, pain lives on... and it wants revenge.

St Philomena's military hospital has been abandoned for over three years. Now Lilian Chesterfield, who works for one of the most successful building companies in England, is in charge of developing it into a luxury housing complex.

But as soon as she and her colleagues start work in the Jacobean-style mansion, their dream turns into a nightmare. They hear screaming from wards full of empty beds. They hear doors slamming and find cutlery scattered over the kitchen floor. Then they see faces peering at them from the mullioned windows.

Lilian is pragmatic – she doesn't believe in the supernatural. But just when she's put her mind at rest by scouring the mansion from top to bottom and finding nothing, a former patient of St Philomena's arrives with a warning. The hospital is haunted. And it is haunted by something a thousand times more terrifying than ghosts...
Old 03-09-2023, 11:30 PM   #2426
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Smashwords is having their 'Read an Ebook' sale and there are some steep discounts. I'd recommend browsing through the books by one publisher in particular: Encyclopocalypse Publications. The specialize in horror of a certain type. Think schlocky eighties horror movies.

One thing they do in particular is put out new novelizations of old movies (and they republish old novelizations).

I already have their new novelizations of Vamp, Scared to Death, Titan Find/Creature and Wishmaster. I'm picking up their novelization of Manborg and really wish they had preorder so I could place one on the upcoming Attack of the Killer Tomatoes novelization.

They've also republished novelizations of Hardcore, Fright Night and Re-Animator.

Aside from movie related stuff, I'm picking up Something In The Groove, Yellow Line,
Miracle on 42nd Street and The Special. Check 'em out.
Old 03-10-2023, 06:11 AM   #2427
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Smashwords is having their 'Read an Ebook' sale and there are some steep discounts. I'd recommend browsing through the books by one publisher in particular: Encyclopocalypse Publications. The specialize in horror of a certain type. Think schlocky eighties horror movies.

One thing they do in particular is put out new novelizations of old movies (and they republish old novelizations).

I already have their new novelizations of Vamp, Scared to Death, Titan Find/Creature and Wishmaster. I'm picking up their novelization of Manborg and really wish they had preorder so I could place one on the upcoming Attack of the Killer Tomatoes novelization.

They've also republished novelizations of Hardcore, Fright Night and Re-Animator.

Aside from movie related stuff, I'm picking up Something In The Groove, Yellow Line,
Miracle on 42nd Street and The Special. Check 'em out.

If it's 'schlocky', then I'm game.

I'll take a look.

Thank you.
Old 03-10-2023, 07:29 AM   #2428
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

^

Hmmm, it looks like some displaced authors from Silver Shamrock Publishing's fiasco last month may find a home (or have found a home?) at Encyclopocalypse Publications. That's good. I won't get into any details here about SSP. (this is not the thread for that; also, I don't care to get involved in any incendiary issues on Mobileread.)

I would suggest a new thread be started for the more vociferous members here who wish to discuss the issue.

Anyway, I'm liking the list of titles at Encyclopocalypse Publications. I see the sale ends tomorrow, so I'll have to figure out which ones to buy.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 03-10-2023 at 07:32 AM.
Old 03-10-2023, 09:55 AM   #2429
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
^

Hmmm, it looks like some displaced authors from Silver Shamrock Publishing's fiasco last month may find a home (or have found a home?) at Encyclopocalypse Publications. That's good.
Yeah, I have no idea what happened to Silver Shamrock. But I did notice when sending Calibre out for the metadata at least one of the new books returned with Silver Shamrock as the publisher.

(And now I have the Silver Shamrock tune stuck in my head!)

You know, the failure of Halloween 3 is a real shame. I would have loved an anthology of Halloween-themed horror movies.

Last edited by ZodWallop; 03-10-2023 at 10:01 AM.
Old 03-10-2023, 10:59 AM   #2430
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Hey! Here's a short story that, because of the sale on Smashwords, is FREE.

Encyclopocalypse Publications
is the publisher.

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/1253583

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 03-10-2023 at 11:09 AM.