Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 08-03-2014, 07:16 AM   #1
ElMiko
Addict
ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: Kindle
Can I see the CSS code for default html tags?

certain tags, such as <h#> <blockquote> and <ol> have a default css style to them (in the first, I would guess it's largely about font weight and size; in the second, margins and/or padding; in the third... i dunno... maybe some table format???)

I'd like to be able to see what the CSS is that generates these default display settings for various kinds of html tags. Is this possible?
ElMiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 07:53 AM   #2
Sunlite
Addict
Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KObo Clara, Kobo Aura, PRS-T1, PB602, CyBook Gen3
The short answer is probably: "No".

The default css of Sigil will be somewhere in either its source code or in the code of its components. In the first case you could get the code and go through it looking for it, but I think it is more likely that the css of the web browser component is used.

The other problem with your question might be, that you seem to assume things.
It sounds like you expect the default css of Sigil to have an effect on how your ebook will look in the target software. I don't think that is correct.
Each and every software displaying ebooks will have its own default css, that is used to style elements that do not have an explicit styling.

If you want to have standard elements in your books look the same on different devices, you have to define the style for those elements yourself.
Sunlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2014, 08:33 AM   #3
ElMiko
Addict
ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: Kindle
Really, what i wanted to do is use the default styling as a template to create my own styles... For example, if i knew what the default styling was for an ordered list, ordered list I'm sure i could find various applications for that kind of hanging indent...
ElMiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 10:24 AM   #4
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
Use the Preview, and then you can right click on something in the Preview window, and use the Inspector Window to see the exact CSS + computed values:

http://web.sigil.googlecode.com/git/...t/preview.html
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 10:54 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMiko View Post
certain tags, such as <h#> <blockquote> and <ol> have a default css style to them (in the first, I would guess it's largely about font weight and size; in the second, margins and/or padding; in the third... i dunno... maybe some table format???)

I'd like to be able to see what the CSS is that generates these default display settings for various kinds of html tags. Is this possible?
the technically correct reply
The defaults are device manufacturer specific

the 'recommend' CSS defaults are in appendix 'A' foe CSS2.2 at W3C
We know how well manufacturers follow standards

If you want to see what SIGIL is using, the 'explorer' tool (F10) can show what the 'computed' effects are for each line of code
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert