Notices

Old 11-10-2011, 03:01 PM   #31
ron1959
Connoisseur
ron1959 began at the beginning.

Device: potential kobo vox owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushka View Post
That link was updated and actually said the price point of the Fire at $199 might actually be a deal sealer.
Yes, there are a couple of updates on there. All in all, some good points to consider for people looking to buy a tablet.
ron1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 08:01 PM   #32
moolyn
Rookie eBookie
moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch, Kobo Touch, iPad3
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilikins View Post
Sorry to post right after myself, but for the Canadians stuck with a dearth of tablet choice:

Lenovo's Ideapad A1 can be had for $199 (16GB) with a coupon code right now: Linky linky It looks like the next round won't go out until later in November, but it seems to have a working Market on it (earlier Lenovo tablets did not, despite advertising, but some members here have an A1 now and say the market is working).

For the same price as the Vox, but with 1Ghz processor and 16GB storage, camera, offline GPS, etc., I would say it's very much a better buy. I almost got one, but I'm quite happy with my Flyer. Of course, you're going to run into shipping delays, which is Lenovo's theme this year ;-) but you won't run into the Amazon and B&N Canadian prejudice.
Unfortunately, this is yet another device not available in Canada, especially sad for me because my son works for IBM so I qualify for a discount and am happy with my Lenovo S10e netbook. I could use a US address and order from Lenovo US. However, even though the US Lenovo website clearly offers the $199 sale price, when I tried to apply the code, I got a message that it is no longer available.
moolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert