Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 03-07-2024, 01:09 PM   #1
Hopper333
Hopper333 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O
History not always opening books shown

Hi

Just recently, I am seeing a slightly weird behaviour from the history which I have used a lot ever since I started with Koreader. Although all recently read books are there, not all of them open when selected. A long press brings up the history options but only some actually open.

Date is set correctly and it is a recent version of Koreader on an old H2O.

I recently added a new larger external microSD card but all the books are accessible normally through the browser. I have books on both the external card and internal card. I may be imagining it but I think all the books on internal card do open. Is there something about the root of the file system that might make the external card inaccessible to the history opening function? Or maybe I have messed up a setting that I don't know about?

Restarting etc makes no difference. Any thoughts welcomed.

M
Hopper333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 01:26 PM   #2
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
You tap on a book and what's happening?
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 04:57 PM   #3
Hopper333

Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
You tap on a book and what's happening?
Nothing in those cases. A long tap brings up the information box but the short tap which normally opens it has no effect.
Old 03-09-2024, 08:04 PM   #4
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
We need verbose crash logs while you are trying to open those books, and an example of such a book - for copyright protected, use book scrambler first.
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 07:44 AM   #5
Hopper333

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergen3107 View Post
We need verbose crash logs while you are trying to open those books, and an example of such a book - for copyright protected, use book scrambler first.
Hi, where do I access this crash log?

I have noticed that when I restart Koreader it can find books on the internal card from the history straight away but everything on the external card needs to be found manually again before the history will work with them. Also, I can't seem to delete books on the external card. Is this a clue? Something about the path to the external card or permissions not being correct perhaps?

M
Old 03-15-2024, 07:45 AM   #6
Hopper333

Also forgot to mention, nothing is copyright protected just standard PDFs and DJVUs.

M
Old 03-15-2024, 10:36 AM   #7
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
The history is saved in the file koreader/history.lua.
It's a text file, you can view it and find the path to a problem book.
Looks like temporary paths to the external storage change somehow.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2024, 09:54 AM   #8
Hopper333

Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
The history is saved in the file koreader/history.lua.
It's a text file, you can view it and find the path to a problem book.
Looks like temporary paths to the external storage change somehow.
I have downloaded the history file and crash log and zipped them. They should be attached to this message. If anyone can make sense of what the problem might be from these I would be grateful.

Meantime, I am going to install the latest Koreader for Kobo (2024.03.1).

M
Attached Files
File Type: zip Archive.zip (34.6 KB, 36 views)
Old 03-18-2024, 09:38 AM   #9
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
There are not so many books in that history.

I would suggest to try, one by one, which ones don't open. Then remove the ones that don't open from history and open them via filemanager. Then make sure those files can be opened again.

That's the most sensible approach.
The other one is:

For each file in your history.lua make sure the same file with the same absolute file path exists on your device. Even then, if one file doesn't open with the full path on the history, the solution is still the same: remove, reopen, recheck.

Nothing we can do with those attached files alone.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote