Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 03-08-2024, 03:05 PM   #1
bitfreak
Enthusiast
bitfreak can teach chickens to fly.bitfreak can teach chickens to fly.bitfreak can teach chickens to fly.bitfreak can teach chickens to fly.bitfreak can teach chickens to fly.bitfreak can teach chickens to fly.bitfreak can teach chickens to fly.bitfreak can teach chickens to fly.bitfreak can teach chickens to fly.bitfreak can teach chickens to fly.bitfreak can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo
Koreader crashes if Kobo eReader.conf is missing

* My environment is completely custom
* It does not have nickel
* It does not have the file /mnt/onboard/.kobo/Kobo/Kobo eReader.conf

After starting KOReader, it drops back to the shell with the following error:

./luajit: frontend/device/kobo/nickel_conf.lua:155: /mnt/onboard/.kobo/Kobo/Kobo eReader.conf: No such file or directory

Spoiler:

stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'assert'
frontend/device/kobo/nickel_conf.lua:155: in function 'set'
frontend/device/kobo/nickel_conf.lua:68: in function 'get'
frontend/device/kobo/powerd.lua:38: in function '_syncKoboLightOnStart'
frontend/device/kobo/powerd.lua:173: in function 'init'
frontend/device/generic/powerd.lua:28: in function 'new'
frontend/device/kobo/device.lua:774: in function 'init'
frontend/device.lua:62: in main chunk
[C]: in function 'require'
reader.lua:151: in main chunk
[C]: at 0x000140cd

Creating the file solves the problem, however I figured this might also affect regular users.
Some sort of disk or file corruption could cause the same issue and would prevent them from starting their favorite app.

Last edited by bitfreak; 03-08-2024 at 03:08 PM.
bitfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 04:44 PM   #2
bitfreak
Enthusiast
bitfreak can teach chickens to fly.bitfreak can teach chickens to fly.bitfreak can teach chickens to fly.bitfreak can teach chickens to fly.bitfreak can teach chickens to fly.bitfreak can teach chickens to fly.bitfreak can teach chickens to fly.bitfreak can teach chickens to fly.bitfreak can teach chickens to fly.bitfreak can teach chickens to fly.bitfreak can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo
Right, that figures..its used to identify a KOBO device. I keep forgetting that you guys support hundreds of devices.

However for my situation it was a problem and I figured that the boot loader space was identical for at least bunch of KOBO's (maybe all of them). So instead of testing for /bin/kobo_config.sh I tested on the presence of the hardware configuration hwcfg= in /proc/cmdline.

Code:
    local handle = io.popen("grep -o hwcfg= /proc/cmdline")
    local kobo_test_stat = handle:read("*line")
    handle:close()

--    local kobo_test_stat = lfs.attributes("/bin/kobo_config.sh")
    if kobo_test_stat then
        util.noSDL()
        return require("device/kobo/device")
    end
bitfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2024, 09:51 PM   #3
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
They are actually two different things.

Kobo eReader.conf is used by nickel to store frontlight values
kobo_config.sh is used by the device probe.

Those files work, even if empty. "touch" them once and leave the program as is (and enjoy updates)
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote