Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-27-2010, 09:12 AM   #1
alexxxm
Addict
alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Rocket; Hiebook; N700; Sony 505; Kindle DX ...
tags statistics

While trying to better consolidate my tags usage,
I thought that it would be wonderful to have some statistics available.
For example, I'd like to know at a glance how many tags are used only once, how many twice etc.
Or is it already possible?

thanks!

alessandro
alexxxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:19 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
tag usage numbers are right next to tag names in the tag browser. And if you click sort by popularity they will be sorted by usage numbers
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2010, 10:15 AM   #3
alexxxm
Addict
alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Rocket; Hiebook; N700; Sony 505; Kindle DX ...
yep, that's how I use them now - but I'd like to know the reverse: the grand-totals of tags (e.g. "220 tags are used only once, 113 tags are used only twice" and so on...) to better track the consolidation process!

alessandro
alexxxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:17 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
there's no way to do that in the GUI.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:09 AM   #5
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexxxm View Post
I'd like to know the reverse: the grand-totals of tags (e.g. "220 tags are used only once, 113 tags are used only twice" and so on...) to better track the consolidation process!

alessandro
I suspect you can do this with an SQL query and SQLiteSpy viewing metadata.db. You would use the SQL "count" option. Alternatively, look at my comments in the two threads about duplicate titles - there's a way to issue SQL queries from the command line, and my example uses "count."
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2010, 11:11 AM   #6
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Although you cannot answer the exact question you asked the sorting by popularity is likely to give you what you are looking for?

I was assuming that you wanted to find the less frequently used ones so that you could decide if you wanted to keep them? Therefore looking at the ones that are less frequently used consolidating those, and then scrolling from rthere would allow you to gradually work up to those more frequently used.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote