Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-23-2018, 09:43 AM   #1
johnelle
Zealot
johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle app on Samsung Tab
Cool Kindle Format Change?

I recently had to reinstall kindle desktop app after a disk crash. Typically when I buy a book from Amazon I access it via PC to load it into Calibre. Browse to My Kindle Content, sort on date, add the latest .azw.

Just in the last day or two new books are showing up inside folders. There is an .azw inside but when I try to load it Calibre chokes.

Went to another PC with an older version but when I ran Kindle it upgraded itself and same issue--.azw in a folder but not readable by Calibre.
johnelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 09:49 AM   #2
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnelle View Post
Just in the last day or two new books are showing up inside folders. There is an .azw inside but when I try to load it Calibre chokes.

Went to another PC with an older version but when I ran Kindle it upgraded itself and same issue--.azw in a folder but not readable by Calibre.
You got hit by the KFX format (K4PC 1.19 or later). There is a sticky thread about it (and how to get those lovely AZW3s back) at the top of this forum.

Personally I reinstalled 1.17 and intend to stay with it until it no longer works.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert