Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-11-2017, 02:26 AM   #16
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
PW are on SALE! So I ordered a PW3 in White! $99 - $35 trade in -$20 amazon Bonus = Happy Camper
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 02:57 PM   #17
mattc24601
mattc24601 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle Paperwhite
I have a Paperwhite 2 I wouldn't mind trading in. It has a spot where the backlight bleeds through from being dropped, which I guess is a crack in a layer under the main screen.

I'm guessing they will consider that a "cracked screen," which apparently will only give me $5 trade-in value.

Anybody know how literal they are when considering if a screen is cracked? You can't tell there's a problem with the PW if the light is turned all the way down.
mattc24601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2017, 05:02 PM   #18
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattc24601 View Post
I have a Paperwhite 2 I wouldn't mind trading in. It has a spot where the backlight bleeds through from being dropped, which I guess is a crack in a layer under the main screen.

I'm guessing they will consider that a "cracked screen," which apparently will only give me $5 trade-in value.

Anybody know how literal they are when considering if a screen is cracked? You can't tell there's a problem with the PW if the light is turned all the way down.
Don't know about the $5 but even tho its low with the $20 towards another device & PW being on sale that's a $40+ device savings.
Old 06-13-2017, 01:58 PM   #19
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, Kobo mini, Samsung tablet, phones, whatever.
Quote:
"give", not "sell" my used and often like new electronics to friends and haven't lost a friend yet. They are very appreciative and I doubt would blame me if the device eventually failed.

Quite. But then your friends and my friends are reasonable people, it would​ seem.
piperclassique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 02:13 PM   #20
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Amazon is Pissing me off Again! On 6/10 I ordered white PW it was to be shipped on the 15th. Instead I was told I needed to update my payment.. did that was being ship16th today they again say I need to update Again I did! Now says being Shipped on Wed of Next Week ggrrrrr Anyone else having these problems?
Advert
Old 06-17-2017, 02:44 PM   #21
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Last time I had a payment issue with Amazon was when I ordered something and the price dropped. I had not yet received the item. I called Amazon and the person on the phone said they could not refund the difference as the item had already shipped. I suggested to the person that the difference be refunded on the card used to pay. That worked.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 03:19 PM   #22
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Amazon is Pissing me off Again! On 6/10 I ordered white PW it was to be shipped on the 15th. Instead I was told I needed to update my payment.. did that was being ship16th today they again say I need to update Again I did! Now says being Shipped on Wed of Next Week ggrrrrr Anyone else having these problems?
Is it possible that there is not enough available credit or money on the card you are using?
Or is it possible it is catching the wrong expiration date?
I've had the first happen to me.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 05:38 PM   #23
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Everything is Fine with the card. I have ordered other things since the 10th without any problems. Its like they Don't want to Honor the Trade-in deal
Old 06-18-2017, 09:03 AM   #24
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Everything is Fine with the card. I have ordered other things since the 10th without any problems. Its like they Don't want to Honor the Trade-in deal
Could it be the same as using "Amazon points" as a credit against the purchase?
They (Amazon) only allow that when the purchase is being made with an "Amazon card".

I think what I am asking is this trade-in deal linked to something else about your Amazon account or the details of the purchase?
Some other requirement that is not being met?

Is there an exclusion for people with a single digit last name?
Change your name to something more complex, like: Katie7of9, see if they will honor the deal then.

Last edited by knc1; 06-18-2017 at 09:07 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 03:26 PM   #25
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Since my dog Katie Died I wish I could change the name.... MR don't allow it.

Well the Order Has now been excepted. But instead of getting it Tomarrow I am to get it Next Week on Monday Bet they mess it up again as Amazon Don't bill till its being shipped
Old 06-18-2017, 04:39 PM   #26
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Sorry about your pup.

I believe the forum allows you to change your name once, but I think knc1 was referring to your Amazon account? Maybe?

Good your hear that your order was finally accepted! Hopefully the transaction will go smoothly.

I'm in love with my Voyage. It would take a *lot* to convince me to trade it in, and Amazon would really have to wow! me with the next release to even have me contemplating an upgrage.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 09:40 AM   #27
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
- - - -
Well the Order Has now been excepted. But instead of getting it Tomarrow I am to get it Next Week on Monday Bet they mess it up again as Amazon Don't bill till its being shipped
I thought at first you meant: accepted.
But the way things are going at Amazon lately, excepted is probably exactly what you meant.

For things "sold by and shipped by" Amazon, it is taking them 5 days to print the label and pack the item.
That is: orders are falling into the 'shipment in preparation' stage and die there.

And just to add to the humor of this situation, I just received an e-mail from them that begins with:
Quote:
To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@yyyyyyyyyyyyy
Subject: Personal document(s) from unapproved sender
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2017 10:10:00 +0000

Dear Customer,

The sender do-not-reply@amazon.com tried to send document(s) to your Kindle. Any document, sent to you by do-not-reply@amazon.com will not be delivered to your Kindle because the sender is not in your Kindle approved e-mail list.
(I did not make that one up, it is what I just received.)
Old 06-19-2017, 01:11 PM   #28
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

accepted .... I hope

I too have been getting crazy e-mails.... I don't believe they are from Amazon so I delete them. Been getting them for the past couple of months. Something about Deleting orders. Orders I never made! When I follow the link its Never Amazon ends in a "cant find that page"

Last edited by Barbara1955; 06-19-2017 at 01:18 PM.
Old 06-19-2017, 01:39 PM   #29
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
accepted .... I hope

I too have been getting crazy e-mails.... I don't believe they are from Amazon so I delete them. Been getting them for the past couple of months. Something about Deleting orders. Orders I never made! When I follow the link its Never Amazon ends in a "cant find that page"
Clicking on the link indicates that you received the e-mail -
Which means that e-mail address is good in that it reaches a person -
Which means that e-mail address has a value to e-mail address harvesters and can be added to a list of addresses for sale.

Probably not what you want to happen.
Discontinue using that e-mail address - send everything addressed to it into a bit bucket.

In the e-mail address that you set-up to replace it -
Do not click on any link enclosed in an unsolicited e-mail.
Old 06-19-2017, 08:22 PM   #30
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

OMG knc1 I just got another one of those funny e-mails:

auto-confirm@amazon.com <auto-confirm@amazondailey.com>

Reply | 

Today, 7:22 PM
You
 Attachments, pictures, and links in this message have been blocked because the sender isn't in your Safe Senders list. I trust content from auto-confirm@amazondailey.com.

Your order has been successfully canceled.

You just canceled order 05-1974-19338 placed on June 19, 2017.

Thank you for visiting Amazon.com!

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Amazon.com
Earth's Biggest Selection
http://www.amazon.com

Last edited by Barbara1955; 06-19-2017 at 08:25 PM.